Biggest Pregnancy Brain Screw Up Ever!

Decorating By mamabaer Updated 29 Oct 2007 , 4:06am by sunnybono

mamabaer Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mamabaer Posted 26 Oct 2007 , 11:54pm
post #1 of 4

Oh my. I cannot believe what I did. I was laughing so hard at myself I was crying. I made the WASC recipe for the first time. I was thinking that I needed to make a recipe and a half's worth for the cake I was making.

Ok...so I dump all three cake mixes in a bowl. Realize it is way way too much to mix all together. So I half the mixes (cause I don't know how many cups of dry mix is in one box, so I can't do the recipe as one whole recipe and one half recipe anymore.) So now I have to figure out what one and a half recipes is in half (or 3/4 of a recipe). That took forever. I should get a medal for figuing that out while pregnant.

I start adding 3/4 worth of the ingredients to the first batch of batter...only to screw up and add the full amount of water for both batches! Now what!? So I get a HUGE boiling pot and dump everything in...both batches worth and continue. I stir it by hand enough to incorporate it and then half it again to finish mixing in the KA. Such a disaster. And my kitchen shows it. From all of the transfering back and forth there was stuff everywhere...to top it off I dripped a large glob between my stove and my countertop...sinking down to where I cannot clean it. NICE! And I just realized that somwhere along the way I was way over estimating the amount I needed to make since I only wanted a double layer 9"x13"! total pregnancy brain. SO I basically went through all of that for nothing. At least I have an extra couple of cakes for the family...AHHHH...should have just gone to bed early.

Well, I hope this makes you smile at least...sure gave me a good laugh. At least I wasn't crying by the end! icon_smile.gif

3 replies
JanH Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JanH Posted 27 Oct 2007 , 5:20am
post #2 of 4

Glad you only had ONE disaster icon_smile.gif

Duplicate post, for responses see:

http://forum.cakecentral.com/cake-decorating-ftopict-562783-.html

sweetreasures Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweetreasures Posted 27 Oct 2007 , 5:53am
post #3 of 4

too funny.

sunnybono Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sunnybono Posted 29 Oct 2007 , 4:06am
post #4 of 4

Well, at least you are laughing at yourself. I had MAJOR pregnancy brain which led me to do al sorts of crazy things like...lock my child in the car with the keys...leave my friend's car door standing wide open while we were in a restaurant having lunch...backing out of the garage before the garage door was up...putting my purse in the refrigerator and more. None of my mishaps included baking...probably should have...the car took most of the hits. Ha ha. Thanks for making me laugh out loud!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%