Boring Bc. Need Help W/ Flavors

Decorating By Candes Updated 29 Oct 2007 , 4:53am by sweetreasures

Candes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Candes Posted 26 Oct 2007 , 2:57pm
post #1 of 6

I'm tired of plain ol' BC. What's your favorite flavor and how do you achieve it?

5 replies
MiaT Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MiaT Posted 26 Oct 2007 , 3:09pm
post #2 of 6

Get your self some Capella Coffee Flavor Drops and go nuts! I've taken my standard buttercream recipe, omitted the regular extract and flavored with different drops. So far, I've tried buttercream flavored with caramel, banana cream, orange creamsicle, and marshmallow (and even their french vanilla will knock your socks off!). The drops are all clear-ish and because you use so little, they don't impart any color to the icing like some extracts do.
http://www.capellacoffee.com/flavordrops/index.html

crazy4sugar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
crazy4sugar Posted 26 Oct 2007 , 3:25pm
post #3 of 6

Thanks, Candes, for asking this. I'm bored with the ordinary bc too.

Thanks, MiaT for the suggestions!

indydebi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
indydebi Posted 27 Oct 2007 , 4:17am
post #4 of 6

Well, I'll be no help on this one! My favorite flavor is vanilla ... white (vanilla) cakes, vanilla milkshakes, vanilla fudge.... lots 'n lots of vanilla! Just inject it straight to my veins, please!! icon_lol.gif

JanH Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JanH Posted 29 Oct 2007 , 3:26am
post #5 of 6

Here are some flavor combination threads:

http://forum.cakecentral.com/cake-decorating-ftopict-528783-.html

HTH

sweetreasures Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweetreasures Posted 29 Oct 2007 , 4:53am
post #6 of 6

a lot of people use different coffee creamers in place of liquids. I've heard of creme bouquet having a flavor of lemon and almond. Since I have both flavors I added some along with vanilla. I like it. For a batch of icing calling for 1 tsp vanilla I used 1/2 tsp of each flavor

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%