Cake Mix For Bundt Cake Pan??

Decorating By kettlevalleygirl Updated 27 Oct 2007 , 1:37am by leily

kettlevalleygirl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kettlevalleygirl Posted 26 Oct 2007 , 1:09pm
post #1 of 7

I want to make a pumpkin cake this weekend but don't want to use my usual recipe, can I use a "Bundt" pan with a regular cake mix??

6 replies
leily Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
leily Posted 26 Oct 2007 , 2:05pm
post #2 of 7

I have baked cake mixes in bundt pans with no problems. I just have to adjust how much I use so that I have enough cups to fill the pan.

HTH

mommy2owen Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mommy2owen Posted 26 Oct 2007 , 2:13pm
post #3 of 7

The two kitten and pumpkin cakes in my photos were made that way over the last couple of days and they turned out just fine. icon_smile.gif

doughdough Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
doughdough Posted 26 Oct 2007 , 2:22pm
post #4 of 7

I always have fantasic results with my Bundt pan, and I normally use doctored cake mixes. I can't think of one time I have ever not had a great cake come out of one! thumbs_up.gif

missvan Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
missvan Posted 27 Oct 2007 , 12:29am
post #5 of 7

Can I add to the question???When you do the pumpkin with the bundt pan and wanting to use the box mix...Will 1 box mix per pan be enough or did you have to add to it????Mommy2owen???By the way neat idea with the kitten and pumpkin..I wish , I was that talented. What tip did you use for the kittens hair??? icon_smile.gif

kettlevalleygirl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kettlevalleygirl Posted 27 Oct 2007 , 12:47am
post #6 of 7

Thanks for the answers...I did not receive any of these replies, until this evening, the website didn't let me know that I had people replying, I wonder if I did something wrong.
I did use the cake mix, with the extender recipe, with sour cream and butter added, and I doubled it and made some mini muffins!!

leily Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
leily Posted 27 Oct 2007 , 1:37am
post #7 of 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by kettlevalleygirl

Thanks for the answers...I did not receive any of these replies, until this evening, the website didn't let me know that I had people replying, I wonder if I did something wrong.

This is a bug right now since the upgrade... so anything you post you'll probably want to make a note to go back and check

Quote:
Originally Posted by missvan

Can I add to the question???When you do the pumpkin with the bundt pan and wanting to use the box mix...Will 1 box mix per pan be enough or did you have to add to it????

It depends on what size of pan you have and what box mix you use. Box mixes will make anywhere from 4-6 cups of batter depending on the brand and if you add anything too it.

I think that my Bundt cake pan takes about 9 cups of batter, but you can fill it with water first and then measure the water to see how much you will need.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%