Help! 2 Cross Cakes - Need Ideas

Decorating By Launa Updated 28 Oct 2007 , 2:43am by sweetreasures

Launa Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Launa Posted 26 Oct 2007 , 12:13am
post #1 of 8

Our church is ordaining two new pastors this Sunday and I've been asked to make a cross cake for each of them. I have the Wilton cross pan. One man likes blue and the other likes green. I'm drawing blanks on how to decorate them and not make them look "girly" with flowers. I may have to write on the board instead of the cake, but I can't come up with anything right now! Maybe it's because I have 6 small children running around me wanting my attention....do ya think??? icon_redface.gif Anyone have any ideas? I've looked through the gallery, but nothing jumped out at me. Thanks!

7 replies
PJ37 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
PJ37 Posted 28 Oct 2007 , 1:35am
post #2 of 8

Years ago, I made a confirmation cake. It was a cross with white cornelli lace on white buttercream. In the middle, I made an arched stained glass window with molded praying hands across the window. It was effective.

bonnebouche Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bonnebouche Posted 28 Oct 2007 , 1:54am
post #3 of 8

I have a large blue cross cake in my gallery. It may be something you can use for some ideas.

debster Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
debster Posted 28 Oct 2007 , 2:02am
post #4 of 8

I have a blue cornelli lace one in my photos.

ChristaPaloma Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ChristaPaloma Posted 28 Oct 2007 , 2:11am
post #5 of 8

I would drape an ordination scarf around the neck of them if it is fondant?

ChristaPaloma Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ChristaPaloma Posted 28 Oct 2007 , 2:13am
post #6 of 8

I would drape an ordination scarf around the neck of them if it is fondant?

tobycat Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tobycat Posted 28 Oct 2007 , 2:22am
post #7 of 8

I have 3 cross cakes in my pics. One of them has some scrollwork on it. That would be nice. If you want a better surface to work with that the Wilton cross pan, you can always carve your own out of an 11x15 pan. That's what I did on 2 of them, and I liked it better than using the cross pan.

S.

sweetreasures Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweetreasures Posted 28 Oct 2007 , 2:43am
post #8 of 8

Wish I could come up with ideas. Sonoma9's blue cross cake looks fitting for a man. Along the idea of draping an ordination scarf.... our church hangs the undergarment of Jesus on a cross at Easter time. One part is draped over the left arm of the cross, hanging down on the back side, drape across the front side to the right arm of the cross hanging down the backside... if you can visualize, I guess it would look more like a scarf hanging down in front of your neck with the ends over your shoulders vs around your neck on the backside. Then I'd write a scripture verse.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%