What Car Do You Deliver Your Wedding Cakes In?

Business By andrea7 Updated 28 Oct 2007 , 10:12pm by vickster

Denae Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Denae Posted 26 Oct 2007 , 2:29am
post #31 of 43

i drive a chevy tahoe, it has a nice flat surface in the back. it has back row ac, so it can keep the cake somewhat cool during hot weather. i have 3rd row seating, but i took my seats out, because i dont use them right now. i lay down those non skid rug grippy things in the back of my truck. but really any suv would do the trick if you have plenty of room in the back! good luck!

diane Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
diane Posted 26 Oct 2007 , 9:43am
post #32 of 43
Quote:
Originally Posted by Price

Dodge Durango. Great Big Flat Surface for hauling anything.

if my husband saw this post he would look me straight in the eye and say, "now didn't i tell you the durango was a good investment!"
he worships that vehicle! icon_cry.gificon_cry.gif

Bev55 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Bev55 Posted 26 Oct 2007 , 9:53am
post #33 of 43

I love my Dodge Durango for hauling everything. I have also used my Toyota Yaris (with the backseat down) to deliver cakes, too. I think driving CAREFULLY is the key to delivering a "perfect" cake.

elizw Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
elizw Posted 26 Oct 2007 , 10:38am
post #34 of 43

honda pilot!! love it!! i flip either the 3rd row down and off we go. if the cake is not assembled yet, i flip the 3rd and 2nd row down to put all of the boxes in.

CindiM Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CindiM Posted 26 Oct 2007 , 1:49pm
post #35 of 43

I have a Ford Expedition. Like Metro cakes, my truck has dual air. That means I have a separate system, blowing cold air in the back of the truck. In Florida it is real hot most of the time. I turn the air conditioner on low so the cakes are not too chilled when I arrive. When I have 2 or 3 deliveries a day, I can leave the truck running while I quickly set up a cake, then hop back in and go to the next venue. It is not the best on gas, but it is big. The third row seat folds down "flat" and holds a ton of stuff/cakes. I put a long table on the middle row seat and load it with dummy cakes for my bridal shows. The truck back door is important to a cake person. My back door lifts up, so I get under it when it is raining and I am loading. The ride is pretty smooth and it works for me.

eme926 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
eme926 Posted 26 Oct 2007 , 5:09pm
post #36 of 43

I have a Dodge Caravan with the middle seat removed. HUGE flat area to load cakes.

I keep telling my hubby that I want a white hearse for my next cake vehicle.. Might paint "Til death do you part" on the sides....

Cakerer Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Cakerer Posted 26 Oct 2007 , 5:25pm
post #37 of 43
Quote:
Originally Posted by eme926

I have a Dodge Caravan with the middle seat removed. HUGE flat area to load cakes.

I keep telling my hubby that I want a white hearse for my next cake vehicle.. Might paint "Til death do you part" on the sides....

OK, you just made me think of something SO not related but have to add it. When I was younger, my dad did landscaping for extra money. When looking at work vehicles, we just happened to run across an old hearse. He didn't buy it, but it was suggested that if he did, the slogan could be. We do it all - from cutting your grass to burying your @$$. It's just as funny today as it was 20 years ago!

jenbakescakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jenbakescakes Posted 26 Oct 2007 , 8:39pm
post #38 of 43

I also have a Scion Xb. I didn't think that the back area was that big when I started doing cakes, but figured since we didn't have the money for a new vehicle, I would have to make it work. Well I fit both of my big 3 tier state fair cakes in the cargo area with the seats up. I was impressed! I like Scions cause they have a Toyota engine, ride like a car and are MUCH cheaper than most new cars. Plus I got the limited edition orange color so I'm super cool! lol

vickster Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
vickster Posted 26 Oct 2007 , 11:55pm
post #39 of 43

What's the big beef with minivans? I don't get it? I have a Villager and it does everything anybody has mentioned, separate AC, fold down seats, space like crazy. Four captain chairs. And it gets 23 mpg. But, heh, I'm not into vehicles. Get me to point B from point A and the AC blows cold, I'm happy as a clam. I'm just trying to figure this out, why women want to drive around in macho looking vehicles.

Chef_Stef Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Chef_Stef Posted 27 Oct 2007 , 10:46pm
post #40 of 43

To each their own, but when I pull into my kids' school and see three white and four blue minivans that I can't tell apart, and I don't like the implied label of "soccer mom", then I look elsewhere and/or swear off minivans, or ever driving one. I don't care about macho, but I can't handle generic. No offense to minivans and their drivers everywhere--I'm sure they're great, but I'd rather drown myself in the river than drive one. icon_wink.gif

eme926 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
eme926 Posted 28 Oct 2007 , 12:52am
post #41 of 43

Well, there ya go....mine's purple!

Heehee........icon_smile.gif

Solecito Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Solecito Posted 28 Oct 2007 , 5:15am
post #42 of 43

I own a mini van for driving my kids, and it is a great car to drive my cakes in.

vickster Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
vickster Posted 28 Oct 2007 , 10:12pm
post #43 of 43

Homecook, I'm surprised that you see minivans lined up, because when I go to work, it's just the opposite. A long line of SUVs. Friday when I drove into park in the faculty area, there was one car, me in my van, and all the rest were SUVs (well, there was also a little backhoe there to work on the landscaping). And at church, most the soccer moms drive not minivans, but guess what, yep, SUVs. I don't know how it got the reputation as a "20 something" chick vehicle because it's the number one vehicle of choice in my age group (40 something) as well as the young moms as well as quite a few grannies I go to church with. Sorry, I still just don't get it. Why an SUV is cool and a minivan is uncool. Because as far as I can see it's pretty much the same folks driving SUVs now that used to drive minivans.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%