Royal Icing - Need Help/suggestions

Decorating By MomLittr Updated 25 Oct 2007 , 6:13pm by Ladivacrj

MomLittr Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MomLittr Posted 25 Oct 2007 , 3:59pm
post #1 of 4

I made a batch of (Antonia's) royal icing this morning. Now I normally dont' like the flavor of royal, and put a small bit of almond in it...... well it tastes stale and yucky! icon_cry.gif The powdered sugar and meringue powder are both new packs, so thought that can't be it. Hoping by tonite when I go to use it, will taste a little better. My only other choice is to add the vanilla/butternut flavoring to it (which is used in the cookies). Any other thoughts?

deb

3 replies
JoAnnB Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JoAnnB Posted 25 Oct 2007 , 5:48pm
post #2 of 4

Eggwhite powder (in the meringue) has a tendancy to taste bitter. usually on the cookie, it tastes fine. You could add more flavoring of whatever you like that will go with the cookie.

MomLittr Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MomLittr Posted 25 Oct 2007 , 6:10pm
post #3 of 4

I am re-thinking this.....the vanilla butter/nut gives a yellow tint, and I need it white............guess will have to use the clear vanilla, and maybe a drop of clear butter flavor. Have 40 cookies to do a small monogram and border on and hope in this damp weather they dry enough to package by tomorrrow morning. Looks like I will have to go into work a couple of hours late (that and the fact I have to be up at 4am to take my son to the airport). icon_surprised.gificon_surprised.gif

Deb

Ladivacrj Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Ladivacrj Posted 25 Oct 2007 , 6:13pm
post #4 of 4

Ditto to Joanne

Add a little more flavoring and if it will go with the cookie, maybe a little creme bouquet if you have it, it always makes thing taste better.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%