I Need Advice On What To Sell, Please!!!

Decorating By sinfullysweettreat Updated 25 Oct 2007 , 3:56pm by sinfullysweettreat

sinfullysweettreat Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sinfullysweettreat Posted 25 Oct 2007 , 2:39pm
post #1 of 4

A local coffee shop has asked me to provide samples of my desserts....cookies, cakes, pies, donuts, etc. I want to let them sample everything that I do, but I can't afford to make everything that I do, it would be virtually impossible. So I am asking you guys, what do you suggest that I sample out? Some of my ideas are as follows but again, I can't do it all!! Help Me Please!!!

Cake Balls
Peanut Butter Balls
CupCakes
Pie..not sure what flavor
donuts, assorted
Oreo Dirt Delight
Carrott Cake
Lemon Cake
Cheese Cake....Raspberry?
Chocolate Chip Cookies
Sugar Cookies
Oatmeal Cookies

I know its alot of stuff, should I cut my batches in half or less and make them all?

Thanks guys

Ti

3 replies
leah_s Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
leah_s Posted 25 Oct 2007 , 3:08pm
post #2 of 4

That's a lot. I'd suggest that 1 week you sample cookies, the next week sample cakes, the next week sample etc, etc.

And just being noisy, you are licensed, right? Cause baking for retail will get you "nailed" faster than anything. Trust me on this one. I had a food service license, started baking for a local coffee shop and got nailed for not having a catering license, too. Now I have both.

KASCARLETT Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KASCARLETT Posted 25 Oct 2007 , 3:03pm
post #3 of 4

I second what leahs said! lol

sinfullysweettreat Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sinfullysweettreat Posted 25 Oct 2007 , 3:56pm
post #4 of 4

Hey Leah, thanks for the advice. I reckon that I am licensed right. I am unable to bake out of my home, so I have a friend that owns a restraunt and is willing to let me use her space afterhours. I spoke with my local health department that issues licenses and inspections and he ok'd it. So let's cross our fingers and hope its right!!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%