Standing Dragon

Decorating By TheCakerator Updated 25 Oct 2007 , 12:54pm by TheCakerator

TheCakerator Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TheCakerator Posted 25 Oct 2007 , 1:26am
post #1 of 5

I was wondering if anyone out there knows of a way to make a dragon standing up? Im thinking with his rear feet on the ground and his back standing up with his front arms completely up off the ground .. I have absolutely no idea how to do something like this, but my dad is into dragons and he really liked the one I made for the state fair, and now keeps asking me if I could do a stand up dragon ... I think he really wants one for his birthday coming up but just doesn't want to ask ... It would be a great surprise if I could pull this off but would definitely need help from fellow CCers!

4 replies
TooMuchCake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TooMuchCake Posted 25 Oct 2007 , 1:54am
post #2 of 5

I never noticed it before you made this post, but if you look at the Father Christmas cake in my photos, the shape is not unlike that of Godzilla if you tweak it a little. Where Father Christmas has his foot out behind him because he's kneeling, that could be the tail.

Father Christmas is a 5x7 oval of pound cake with (I think, I can't really remember) four 6" rounds stacked on it and carved.

Deanna
LL

Verina Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Verina Posted 25 Oct 2007 , 7:56am
post #3 of 5

http://www.cakecentral.com/cake-decorating-ftopict-424003-.html

Here's a link to a thread in which I explained how I did my dinosaur cake.
LL

diamondsonblackvelvet13 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
diamondsonblackvelvet13 Posted 25 Oct 2007 , 10:47am
post #4 of 5

The Cakerator,
Perhaps if you use a mini stool, proabably have to make one, for the legs and tail and use the seat to put the cake on. Once you get the basic cake body shape you could make his head out of RKT. Then detail it from there. Have you see the episode of Ace of Cakes where they made the Turtle? That is exatcly what I am talking about! HTH

TheCakerator Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TheCakerator Posted 25 Oct 2007 , 12:54pm
post #5 of 5

Thanks you guys ... that sketch you made really put things into perspective, and here I was thinking it was going to be impossible! Everyone here on CC continues to amaze me .. and no unfortunately I did not see the episode with the turtle on it .. I have time to think things through, his birthday is not until December, but I really had no idea where to even start! Thanks again everyone!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%