Rewarming Cut Fondant For Cookie Application.....

Baking By CakeDiva73 Updated 25 Oct 2007 , 12:56am by CakeDiva73

CakeDiva73 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CakeDiva73 Posted 25 Oct 2007 , 12:42am
post #1 of 4

I have only made MMF cookies once and applied them to the warm cookies right after they came out of the oven. I think it worked really well......HOWEVER, you have to be super organized and have all your ducks in a row in order to have the fondant rolled and cut and ready to apply to the correct cookies......I can't even locate my ducks, let alone line them up icon_razz.gif , so I was in search of an alternative.

Has anyone ever rolled the fondant flat on parchment and then covered with saran wrap and then put the fondant on a warm tray to slightly soften/warm the fondant and then cut and apply to the pre-cooked but cooled cookies? I would rather not simply apply with corn syrup since I like to texture the fondant and it has to be warm in order to do this....any ideas? thx

3 replies
tchrmom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tchrmom Posted 25 Oct 2007 , 12:39am
post #2 of 4

Never tried it, but it sounds like it would work.

thecupcakemom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
thecupcakemom Posted 25 Oct 2007 , 12:50am
post #3 of 4

I only use corn syrup and I texture my fondant cookies all the time w/o an issue. How are you texturing?

CakeDiva73 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CakeDiva73 Posted 25 Oct 2007 , 12:56am
post #4 of 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by thecupcakemom

I only use corn syrup and I texture my fondant cookies all the time w/o an issue. How are you texturing?

I put the fondant on the warm cookies, smooth it so it is secure and then texture......after it's on the cookie. I suppose this is lame, right? The fondant seems to cool and stiff to texture unless it's warm but I do risk cracking the cookie if I press too hard when its on there. The problem is, if I texture prior to applying it, them when I smooth it, I mess up the texture. icon_confused.gif What in the name of Mary am I doing wrong?

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%