Kahlua Filling That Doesn't Need Refridgeration?

Baking By renee2007 Updated 24 Oct 2007 , 8:18pm by MacsMom

renee2007 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
renee2007 Posted 24 Oct 2007 , 2:59pm
post #1 of 11

just wondering if anyone knows of one that you can leave out. tia

10 replies
renee2007 Posted 24 Oct 2007 , 5:02pm
post #2 of 11

is it the heavy cream that makes it have to be in the fridge? could I sub. that part for something else? any suggestions?please.

ShirleyW Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ShirleyW Posted 24 Oct 2007 , 6:30pm
post #3 of 11

Renee do you have Pastry Pride or Rich's Bettercreme in your area? Both are non dairy toppings. I make a Kahlua Bavarian Cream filling with Pastry Pride that is really delicious and doesn't require refrigeration. Although I would refrigerate if it is hot weather, I think the heat might cause the filling to break down.
http://forum.cakecentral.com/cake_recipe-2396-Bavarian-Cream-Filling.html

renee2007 Posted 24 Oct 2007 , 6:53pm
post #4 of 11

thanks shirley. I don't know if it is in this area or not cuz I've never looked for it but I will see. where would I look for it at? a grocery store or cake place? thanks

ShirleyW Posted 24 Oct 2007 , 6:54pm
post #5 of 11

I am in California and I buy Pastry Pride at Smart & Final store or Cash & Carry store. It comes in 1 quart or half gallon milk type containers in the freezer section. You thaw and beat as you would whipping cream.

tonedna Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tonedna Posted 24 Oct 2007 , 6:57pm
post #6 of 11

I use Rich's Bettercream too and is non dairy and does wwell out of the fridge even for more than a day inside the cake..

mmkwynne Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mmkwynne Posted 24 Oct 2007 , 7:09pm
post #7 of 11

Where can you buy Pastry Pride or Bettercreme?

renee2007 Posted 24 Oct 2007 , 7:11pm
post #8 of 11

I live in Illinois. I'll see if any of the stores around here have it. thanks so much for the info icon_biggrin.gif

tonedna Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tonedna Posted 24 Oct 2007 , 7:04pm
post #9 of 11

i buy it in my cake supply and food store

ShirleyW Posted 24 Oct 2007 , 7:30pm
post #10 of 11

That is darned annoying, I had a message written, submitted it and got the "You can't post another post this soon" message, I hit the back button and my message is gone. Oh well.

All I had said was that Pastry Pride is manufactured in Illinois but the odd thing is no one on the East Coast seems to be able to find a supplier. Yet on the West Coast we have it in several stores. I have heard that Costco may carry it now, I would imagine in larger sizes though.

MacsMom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MacsMom Posted 24 Oct 2007 , 8:18pm
post #11 of 11

I buy it at Smart-n-Final, too.

What about adding LoRann Keoke Coffee (Kahlua flavor) to a vanilla or chocolate pudding snack pak?

I've read somewhere about a cream cheese filling that can be set out for hours without refrigeration, but I forgot the brand - does anyone know?

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%