Pumpkin Cake ?

Decorating By Peeg Updated 27 Oct 2007 , 12:19pm by wendydou

Peeg Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Peeg Posted 23 Oct 2007 , 11:14pm
post #1 of 10

Could you please tell me, when the 2 cakes are put together,for the pumpkin, do you put the top layer on a cake board,and can you maybe put some filling between them? I know you can't do the section where the hole is icon_redface.gif Just curious, Peggy

9 replies
auntginn Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
auntginn Posted 25 Oct 2007 , 5:10am
post #2 of 10

I first put one layer on a board, I use b/c filling because of its stiffness. It will hold the top layer in place without slippage. I then let it set for about a half hour and then put a flavored basic sugar syrup, let it set somemore, ice with thin coating of b/c let it set again and then cover with fondant and decorate.

Hope this helps, Good Luck

Peeg Posted 26 Oct 2007 , 8:38pm
post #3 of 10

Thanks Virginia, you did help, as a matter of fact your the only one that has answered my? One more? can I BC the whole cake? I'm no good with fondant icon_cry.gif Thanks Peggy

auntginn Posted 26 Oct 2007 , 8:53pm
post #4 of 10

Oh sure! There was a pic of one made with b/c that was tinted orange. I'll see if I can find it and let you know the thread. It's quite cute.

auntginn Posted 26 Oct 2007 , 9:02pm
post #5 of 10

Ok Peggy,
Here it is, look at how nice this was done with b/c. You can decorate it anyway you want to. By the way as we are chatting, I am baking my cakes to make pumpkins. haha

cake photo 1151477 in the gallery

you can also look at it on the profile site of Rose-lynn. She submitted the photo.

Hope this helps

Peeg Posted 26 Oct 2007 , 11:29pm
post #6 of 10

Your absolutely right, Rose-Lynn's pumpkin is beautiful icon_lol.gif I will have color my BC, I'm not lucky enough to have an air brush, or good enough icon_cry.gif Thanks again for all the info,Peggy

auntginn Posted 27 Oct 2007 , 4:24am
post #7 of 10

I think you sell yourself short. I looked at your pictures and I think you do very nice work.

2sdae Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
2sdae Posted 27 Oct 2007 , 7:55am
post #8 of 10

here is another one all in b/c and then airbrushed. It's adorable.
  http://www.cakecentral.com/cake-photo_15625.html

Dont sell yourself short, your cakes are really gorgeous Peeg!

Peeg Posted 27 Oct 2007 , 9:57am
post #9 of 10

Gee icon_smile.gif Thanks AuntGinn and 2sdae for the kind words, my confidence just went through the roof icon_lol.gif My mom says I'm my worst critic. Kudos, Peggy

wendydou Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
wendydou Posted 27 Oct 2007 , 12:19pm
post #10 of 10

just make one yesterday! check out my photobucket site! I just leveled my cakes and put a small strip of frosting using the big icing tip and put the 2nd cake on top.. then I used two dowels just to give it alittle more structure since I have to travel with this cake today.. the icing tip saved my butt with frosting the cake, made it sooo easy!!!

Wendy

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%