Pineapple Filling W/coconut Cake?

Decorating By mama5kiddos Updated 27 Oct 2007 , 5:21am by erinalicia

mama5kiddos Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mama5kiddos Posted 23 Oct 2007 , 3:12pm
post #1 of 5

I am planning on doing a pina colada themed cake for my FIL, and am not sure what type of filling to do with it. I have a box of coconut cake mix, was planning on either adding pineapple into the batter, or into the filling. I also bought coconut cream pudding mix...

My question is, has anyone tried the "easy pineapple filling" recipe on here...I would mix it with the coconut cream instead of vanilla, but does it set up well or get soggy???

4 replies
SweetToothCreations Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SweetToothCreations Posted 23 Oct 2007 , 3:36pm
post #2 of 5

the coconut cake with pinapple filling is AWESOME! I get my pineapple filling from a cake supply store already made, it is actually a pastry filling, but it is so good! I've had good comments even from people who don't like coconut!

mama5kiddos Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mama5kiddos Posted 24 Oct 2007 , 7:54pm
post #3 of 5

I decided to try a test batch of that "easy pineapple filling" recipe on here, but added a little half n half to it as well, since I couldnt get no juice from the pineapples. I have it sitting in the fridge now to see if it will seperate or thin out by tonight. I figure if it is fine by dinner time, it is gonna get eaten UP. VERY YUMMY!

tonedna Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tonedna Posted 24 Oct 2007 , 7:51pm
post #4 of 5

Try Rich's bettercream...and add pina colada syrup (coco lopez) can pinneaple chunks and shredded coconut..Is to die for...I am a latin girl,,,We know a good pina colada..hahaicon_biggrin.gif

erinalicia Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
erinalicia Posted 27 Oct 2007 , 5:21am
post #5 of 5

where can I find Rich's bettercream? I looked in Walmart this evening, but wasn't sure where to look for it and I didn't see it in the obvious places.

Thanks!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%