Yes I Am Still Fighting With This Cake !!!!

Decorating By Brandonsmommy Updated 24 Oct 2007 , 2:12am by Teekakes

Brandonsmommy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Brandonsmommy Posted 23 Oct 2007 , 1:21pm
post #1 of 27

OMG I just can not get this cake to ice good !! icon_cry.gif I let it be over nite and OMG I am going to strip the ENTIRE frigging icing off NOW and do it over !! icon_mad.gif

::::::::::::::banging head:::::::::::::::::

This will NOT beat me!!

::::Off to get MORE coffee:::::::::

26 replies
Brandonsmommy Posted 23 Oct 2007 , 1:45pm
post #2 of 27

Ok, she's all scrapped off (can a cake be a she?? icon_confused.gif )

On a new board/paper. Going to gently tackle her and see if we can play nice and do things MY way!!!

Happy cake thoughts my way please!!!

cariage Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cariage Posted 23 Oct 2007 , 1:55pm
post #3 of 27

I am sending happy cake thoughts your way. Hope everything goes better for you today.

step0nmi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
step0nmi Posted 23 Oct 2007 , 1:56pm
post #4 of 27

LMAO!!! icon_lol.gif I think the cake can be whatever you want it to be! icon_lol.gif

sweet_honesty Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweet_honesty Posted 23 Oct 2007 , 2:13pm
post #5 of 27

This cake sounds cantankerous...I'd hazard a guess that it's a he. icon_twisted.gif

BeckySue Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
BeckySue Posted 23 Oct 2007 , 2:17pm
post #6 of 27

Sounds like she's being a *itch! LOL
Get her!! Kick her butt!! icon_lol.gif

icon_lol.gif I love cat fights! LOL

Teekakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Teekakes Posted 23 Oct 2007 , 2:22pm
post #7 of 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by BeckySue

Sounds like she's being a *itch! LOL
Get her!! Kick her butt!! icon_lol.gif

icon_lol.gif I love cat fights! LOL

ROFLMBO!!! Hilarious BeckySue! Sounds like something I would say! icon_lol.gif

Brandonsmommy, what is this cake you are creating? My curiosity is dieing to know!! Sorry you are having so much trouble but I am with BeckySue here in saying; Git r good n kick r butt! icon_lol.gif

Brandonsmommy Posted 23 Oct 2007 , 2:36pm
post #8 of 27

OMG she is being a b**tch !!

icon_cry.gif I haven't had bad luck w/ crisco, is my time up? Didn't use meringe this time is that why I am having a hard time?? It's like it doesn't want to say on the cake. icon_cry.gif

I am going ot have to have a Memphis CC come help me sometime and tell me what I am doing wrong (or if anyone want's to come visit memphis, no Elvis isn't here, he lives in Vagas!! haha icon_lol.gif )

She is covered right now, I am going to TRY to get it to smooth out. Then will take a picture of it, show ya'll and I'll need help w/ finding out how to make it look like it's a ribbon. Like a strip to make it look twisted.

Next time I might just do the dang star tip and call it done!! ggrr!

lepaz Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lepaz Posted 23 Oct 2007 , 2:36pm
post #9 of 27

Could it be your cake has split personalities???!!!

Brandonsmommy Posted 23 Oct 2007 , 2:38pm
post #10 of 27

It better be careful or I'LL split it!! icon_mad.gificon_eek.gif

Teekakes Posted 23 Oct 2007 , 2:42pm
post #11 of 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brandonsmommy

It better be careful or I'LL split it!! icon_mad.gificon_eek.gif

icon_lol.gificon_lol.gif You poor thing..........sounds like you may have it minding you now though.

Brandonsmommy Posted 23 Oct 2007 , 2:47pm
post #12 of 27

Teecakes, you will DIE.........it's the Ribbon cake. Made with the pan. I am a newbie, self taught. Sad huh? Ribbon cake kicking my a$$ icon_redface.gif

CelebrationCakery Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CelebrationCakery Posted 23 Oct 2007 , 2:47pm
post #13 of 27

Is that what the heck has been wrong with my frosting....I thought I was just loosing....I almost called the doctor today....thoughts something was wrong with me....

soooo the new crisco is what is making my frosting not stick to the cake.....??? I am having visions of what you are going through....that was me a few weeks ago.......

How did it come out?

Brandonsmommy Posted 23 Oct 2007 , 2:57pm
post #14 of 27

ChristianDonovan, I am still fighting w/ her! She's in a TIME OUT in the fridge now b/c........well because I read somewhere to do that to help w/ smoothing frosting later.

I'll smooth her out or smoother her w/ the Viva paper towel icon_twisted.gif HER choice!!

loriana Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
loriana Posted 23 Oct 2007 , 3:00pm
post #15 of 27

[quote="Brandonsmommy"]I am going ot have to have a Memphis CC come help me sometime and tell me what I am doing wrong (or if anyone want's to come visit memphis, no Elvis isn't here, he lives in Vagas!! haha icon_lol.gif )
[\\quote]

Hey Brandonsmommy! If you ever need some help with a cake, I can't offer much, but give me a yell and maybe we can get together and make it work out. We should do that sometime just for kicks, since we are only like 5 miles from each other. Ill PM you my phone number icon_lol.gif

Hope it turned out well! If you are still wrangling with it by the time I get off work tonight, give me a call and maybe I can come over and help you

Lisa

Brandonsmommy Posted 23 Oct 2007 , 4:04pm
post #16 of 27

ok, she is getting better looking, I have added the boarder and have some patches that need to be filled so have them chillin' in the fridge so I can smooth them.

NOW..........to make the ribbon look like a ribbon, should I outline in white or in pink?? (meaning the top so it looks like a ribbon rather than just a shape)

What do you think of it so far?
LL

Teekakes Posted 23 Oct 2007 , 4:07pm
post #17 of 27

Outline in pink. The pink on pink would look better since it is the ribbon. Sooooo glad to hear you are winning the battle! icon_lol.gif

Teekakes Posted 23 Oct 2007 , 4:11pm
post #18 of 27

Hey! I didn't see the picture a minute ago. She is looking great! That would not be the easiest of cakes to get smooth in bc! I think you are doing a terrific job! icon_smile.gif

loriana Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
loriana Posted 23 Oct 2007 , 4:20pm
post #19 of 27

Looks good! It is impressive how you wrangled a cake in the shape of a ribbon LOL

Brandonsmommy Posted 23 Oct 2007 , 4:21pm
post #20 of 27

Then Pink it is!!!

Yes "I" am winning :::evil laugh:::: will be a privledge to take a knife to the little b**ch later today!!! icon_twisted.gif

Teekakes Posted 23 Oct 2007 , 4:17pm
post #21 of 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brandonsmommy

Then Pink it is!!!

Yes "I" am winning :::evil laugh:::: will be a privledge to take a knife to the little b**ch later today!!! icon_twisted.gif

icon_lol.gif ROFLMBO icon_lol.gif And do you get the priviledge of cutting her up?? Oh I hope you do! icon_twisted.gif

Brandonsmommy Posted 23 Oct 2007 , 4:45pm
post #22 of 27

Well here she is!!

Now, what to write, if anything on it? I an not really good at writing and my hands are still shaking from all of this (and too much coffee)

Be HONEST !!

I hope they like it at work and the REAL Bi**hes there have NOTHING negative to say about it!
LL

Brandonsmommy Posted 23 Oct 2007 , 4:48pm
post #23 of 27

Teekakes : Yes I do!!! icon_lol.gif It's for work and I will be HONORED to take the knife to her!!!

Lori: If I had to deal with this all day you would find her out on the street and I would GLADLY let you run her A$$ over.......although w/ the rain, it'll be mush by then!!! hahaha

Teekakes Posted 23 Oct 2007 , 5:57pm
post #24 of 27

Wow! You got her good and she looks great! You really did a nice job getting the bc smooth and your border looks terrific!

I am sooooooooo glad you get to cut this one up....although now I think she is very pretty and will hate to see your hard work all chopped up!

VERY nice job!!!! icon_biggrin.gif

Brandonsmommy Posted 23 Oct 2007 , 10:30pm
post #25 of 27

It was a BIG, BIG hit! I was GLAD to cut it. When asked it I wanted a piece........ah NO tired of her don't want to eat her too!

I am proud of it all in all. Not perfect, but again we are the only ones that see our flaws!!

Thanks again for ya'll support!!!!!

BeckySue Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
BeckySue Posted 24 Oct 2007 , 1:52am
post #26 of 27

thumbs_up.gif Looks awesome!! You did a great job! I would have got the biggest knife in the kitchen to cut her up!! HAHAHAHA (ok - that made me sound seriously messed up...I really am a sweet person!!)

Teekakes Posted 24 Oct 2007 , 2:12am
post #27 of 27

GREAT!! Made it all worth while then and I am happy for you after all that pink pile put you through! icon_lol.gif

It looked beautiful and I am not surprised it was a big big BIG hit! You really did a beautiful job on it!

Until the next "round" icon_lol.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%