Decorating In Italy

Decorating By Skirt Updated 22 Oct 2007 , 8:57pm by Auryn

Skirt Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Skirt Posted 22 Oct 2007 , 7:34pm
post #1 of 5

I am trying to bring new life to birthday parties in my little Italian town but I can't seem to find the supplies I need. Wilton cake pans run from â¬40-â¬60 and the choice is limited.
UK websites are just as expensive.

I would give anything for a Winnie the Pooh stand up pan!

Any suggestions would be much appreciated. Thanks.

4 replies
jessieg Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jessieg Posted 22 Oct 2007 , 7:55pm
post #2 of 5

Hi,

I am sorry that things are so expensive for you. Have you tried Ebay? Otherwise, what about making the sheet cakes, and doing fondant figures? Don't know what is popular for Italy, but for example a soccer ball, you do not need a special pan for that, you can use an oven proof bowl, or you can take a sheet cake, and carve them into shapes, say a guitar, a dog, or whatever. You do not have to always have the special pans. If you want to do Winnie the Pooh, I bet there are some ways to do it without the Winnie the Pooh pan. Can you go to a library? Check out Debbie Brown's cake books, a teddy bear, could change into Winnie the pooh, with the right colors, shaping and all. I am just trying to think of ways that you can make a cool cake without a shaped pan. They are certainly more experienced people on here that could help you, check out the galleries!

HTH!

diane Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
diane Posted 22 Oct 2007 , 8:22pm
post #3 of 5

all i have to say is...ebay and online cake decorating stores!!! you will not find hardly anything here! the military base here is very limited too!
that's why i can not wait to GET BACK TO THE STATES IN TWO MORE WEEKS!
icon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gif

ericaann79 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ericaann79 Posted 22 Oct 2007 , 8:33pm
post #4 of 5

I bought my Winnie the Pooh pan off e-bay...actually my Dad did for me. I know it was really expensive though because they don't make them anymore...he tells me $40, but I have a feeling it was more than that...escpecially since you have to have it shipped to Italy ....

Auryn Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Auryn Posted 22 Oct 2007 , 8:57pm
post #5 of 5

Skirt
I know what you mean.
I just came back from Italy saturday- Iw as there for almost 3 weeks for work- I lived there for about 8 yrs and still have family there.

On this last trip I was excited to go buy supplies and was horrified at the cost.

Are you looking primarily for wilton type products or ingredients as well??

ebay there isnt really a great option cause shipping anything is crazy expensive and if u use the federal post (meaning not dhl, ups, fed ex etc) it is just as likely that it will take either an eternity or not get there till 3 weeks later.

pm me

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%