Edible Images

Decorating By gatorbear Updated 21 Oct 2007 , 11:23pm by awnee

gatorbear Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
gatorbear Posted 21 Oct 2007 , 11:06pm
post #1 of 5

Ok, I am thinking about doing an edible image cake for my Mom's 60th Birthday cake. There was a childhood pic I used of her for the invitation and would love to use it on the cake also. I do not have an edible image printer, but was wondering if one of the store bakeries would print it out for me. It is a black and white picture. My next question is can an edible image be put on whipped topping? This is the type of icing my mom loves.

Any information on this would be much appreciated.

4 replies
tdybear1978 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tdybear1978 Posted 21 Oct 2007 , 11:06pm
post #2 of 5

I would think any shop that makes the images would probably print that off for you. I think that I have put an image onto that type of icing before but I am not completely sure. sorry

MAGGISMITH Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MAGGISMITH Posted 21 Oct 2007 , 11:19pm
post #3 of 5

My local supermarket will make the edible images for me but they're expensive, $7.00. I've put them on whipped cream icing and they are just fine.

weirkd Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
weirkd Posted 21 Oct 2007 , 11:15pm
post #4 of 5

Yes, not sure where you live but Giant told me the other day they would do one for me for $6. A bakery told me $15! Check with your local grocery store that you know has that printer. They will usually do it for you. I was worried because the one I want is copyrighted image but they told me that it didnt matter since it was consumed and wasnt for resale. I had drove myself crazy a couple of weeks ago trying to find a place and was even willing to pay a lady in CA to do it. Another CC member who is local to me told me that Giant would not do the edible images. Well I dont know why she told her no and me yes but Im glad I asked anyway. Saves me a two hour drive and $9 not to mention gas!

awnee Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
awnee Posted 21 Oct 2007 , 11:23pm
post #5 of 5

Hello!

Well WalMart did one for me and it was $5.00...Baskin Robbins gave another one to me free (but said theirs was $9.99).

Maybe try Harris Teeter or a local bakery, they might do it for you.

I finally did get me an Epson Printer and the edible ink tho. I thought that maybe I went kinda overboard with this...you know, all that money and oh, one or two images a month, maybe?

Ha Ha the joke is on me! After doing one for a 3-county wide church luncheon?...well I am doing quite a few every week now.

Hope this helps!
Awnee

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%