Challenge Tonight On Food Network! Oct. 21

Decorating By armywife1 Updated 21 Oct 2007 , 11:13pm by weirkd

armywife1 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
armywife1 Posted 21 Oct 2007 , 10:52pm
post #1 of 7

Just in case anyone was interested, tonight at 8:00 est there will be a Halloween cake and candy challenge on Food Network. I think it will be neat to see what these talented people come up with! thumbs_up.gif

6 replies
elizw Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
elizw Posted 21 Oct 2007 , 10:58pm
post #2 of 7

thanks for the heads up. i think i've seen this one but i've tivo'd it anyway. i love watching these things. i also like seeing that they run into problems too!!!

weirkd Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
weirkd Posted 21 Oct 2007 , 10:52pm
post #3 of 7

Is this the old one with Bronwen doing the pumpkin/witch thing or a new one?

KlyKat Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KlyKat Posted 21 Oct 2007 , 11:01pm
post #4 of 7

It's one from 2005, but I don't care. I love to watch them over again. K'ly

yinyangmama Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
yinyangmama Posted 21 Oct 2007 , 11:04pm
post #5 of 7

i'm in it!!!!

okay, so it's not anything so exciting as me making a cake...but i'm in the audience. towards the end-ish, they show two women standing at a doorway pointing at the cakes and i'm the woman in the pink shirt! they filmed it at a resort that i used to work for. i never knew i was on tv until my mother-in-law told me last year. the funny thing is, she never noticed her own son (my husband) standing behind me in the doorway too!

and to answer your question, it is the same one (from 2005). but it's still cool to watch!

kjgjam22 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kjgjam22 Posted 21 Oct 2007 , 11:08pm
post #6 of 7

will be tuning in after i put my daughter to bed. icon_smile.gif

i love the challenges. icon_smile.gif

weirkd Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
weirkd Posted 21 Oct 2007 , 11:13pm
post #7 of 7

Yah, I checked my tivo and saw it. I still love watching them and I believe I have this one already on disc but Im tivo'ing it again!
Doesnt it seem like the older challenges were better than they are now? It just seems like they are cutting out a lot of the cake preperation to add more interviews and drama. Its too bad because I like to see the techniques they use. That is how I learned to make them in the first place!
Will be looking for you in the pink!!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%