Are You Right Or Left-Brained?

Lounge By LaSombra Updated 26 Oct 2007 , 2:54am by maryjsgirl

LaSombra Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
LaSombra Posted 21 Oct 2007 , 9:52pm
post #1 of 15

This is really interesting. Click on this link and say in which direction this figure is turning (clockwise or counter):
http://www.news.com.au/common/imagedata/0,,5675247,00.gif

I guess that if it appears to be spinning clockwise, you favor the right side of the brain and vice-versa.

When I did it the first time, it was going counter but each time I look, it's different. I think maybe it depends on what I've been doing?

LEFT BRAIN FUNCTIONS
uses logic
detail oriented
facts rule
words and language
present and past
math and science
can comprehend
knowing
acknowledges
order/pattern perception
knows object name
reality based
forms strategies
practical
safe

RIGHT BRAIN FUNCTIONS
uses feeling
"big picture" oriented
imagination rules
symbols and images
present and future
philosophy & religion
can "get it" (i.e. meaning)
believes
appreciates
spatial perception
knows object function
fantasy based
presents possibilities
impetuous
risk taking

14 replies
Nadya Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Nadya Posted 21 Oct 2007 , 11:15pm
post #2 of 15

I've seen it on another forum. I thought it was pretty cool. The figure was turning one way for me and then it changed direction. Somebody pointed out that the figure just randomly changes directions to frick people out. I don't know if it's true or not.

LaSombra Posted 21 Oct 2007 , 11:37pm
post #3 of 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nadya

I've seen it on another forum. I thought it was pretty cool. The figure was turning one way for me and then it changed direction. Somebody pointed out that the figure just randomly changes directions to frick people out. I don't know if it's true or not.

nah, it's just a trick for the eyes. I have looked at it at the same time as other people, like my mom and son and they both had it change at different times from me.

lardbutt Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lardbutt Posted 23 Oct 2007 , 4:01am
post #4 of 15

All I can say is it was turning counter-clockwise for me ...................and I am awful at Math!!!! Hmmm icon_rolleyes.gif

maryjsgirl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
maryjsgirl Posted 23 Oct 2007 , 4:13am
post #5 of 15

It was going clockwise for me. Do you have the original link to this story? I would be interested in knowing where it came from.

LaSombra Posted 23 Oct 2007 , 5:34am
post #6 of 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by maryjsgirl

It was going clockwise for me. Do you have the original link to this story? I would be interested in knowing where it came from.

I'm sorry, I was linked just to the picture like that too. Yes, it would be interesting to read the whole story icon_sad.gif

maryjsgirl Posted 23 Oct 2007 , 5:48am
post #7 of 15

http://www.news.com.au/dailytelegraph/story/0,22049,22535838-5012895,00.html

I found it, but I guess that is the entire article.

maryjsgirl Posted 23 Oct 2007 , 6:04am
post #8 of 15

This is very interesting though. I have read some other sites about right brained people and had to giggle at some of the stuff that is right on point with me. I can't wait until I can get my oldest son to check this out. I swear he is my carbon copy when it comes to learning and behavior I want to see if he is also using his right brain.

LaSombra Posted 23 Oct 2007 , 5:20pm
post #9 of 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by maryjsgirl

This is very interesting though. I have read some other sites about right brained people and had to giggle at some of the stuff that is right on point with me. I can't wait until I can get my oldest son to check this out. I swear he is my carbon copy when it comes to learning and behavior I want to see if he is also using his right brain.

I thought it was interesting to ask my sons. My middle son is 4 and saw it as clockwise...I can totally see that with him. My eldest was telling me it kept going back and forth...maybe he uses both sides equally??

gailsgoodies Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
gailsgoodies Posted 23 Oct 2007 , 7:08pm
post #10 of 15

icon_confused.gif That is sooooo weird!! It went both ways!! Then I tried doing what they suggested making it go one way, then making it turn the other way...AND IT WORKED!! Creepiest thing I've ever seen!!! icon_eek.gificon_lol.gificon_surprised.gif

jen1977 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jen1977 Posted 23 Oct 2007 , 8:55pm
post #11 of 15

Every time I've looked at this since this was posted, it has been turning clockwise.

dragonflydreams Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dragonflydreams Posted 24 Oct 2007 , 6:56am
post #12 of 15

icon_confused.gificon_confused.gif when I first looked at it I couldn't tell which way it was going . . . it almost made me feel dizzy icon_confused.gificon_confused.gif But once I got my "balance" . . . it is definitely going counter clockwise . . . and I can't see it any other way now icon_confused.gificon_confused.gif VERY INTERESTING . . . but I would also add that I'm not sure I buy into the "list" that this puts me on (some yes, some no)

dragonflydreams Posted 25 Oct 2007 , 10:42pm
post #13 of 15

icon_confused.gificon_confused.gif okay . . . now I'm really confused . . . acoupla days later and it is clearly going clockwise now . . . are we sure they don't change it around from time to time?? Has anyone ever looked at it with another person and each person has a different perspective at "that moment in time"? icon_confused.gificon_confused.gif This time I looked at it with my husband and we both agree it is going clockwise . . . icon_confused.gificon_confused.gif

dragonflydreams Posted 26 Oct 2007 , 1:41am
post #14 of 15

icon_confused.gificon_confused.gif so never mind . . . I answered my own question "we" looked at it again together and he sees it going clock . . . and I see it going anti . . . so much for that theory . . . icon_confused.gificon_confused.gif

maryjsgirl Posted 26 Oct 2007 , 2:54am
post #15 of 15

It has always gone clockwise for me. Although in the article it acted as though most will see it going counterclockwise, that wasn't the case for my family or my older daycare kids. Everything had seen it clockwise, but one.

When on the page there is a small icon of the same figure on my tab and on the address toolbar. If I concentrate I can make it go both ways, but can't get the larger one. Now I am all addicted to getting the larger one to go counter. Yeah I am a dork. icon_rolleyes.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%