Beth At Sugarpaste.com Rocks!

Decorating By Kavingate Updated 22 Oct 2007 , 12:37am by JaneK

Kavingate Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kavingate Posted 21 Oct 2007 , 7:11pm
post #1 of 7

Hi all

I'd heard on another thread that Beth at www.sugarpaste.com was nice, knowledgeable and helpful, and it's so true! I wanted to order the acanthus leaf molds that Kerry Vincent used in her book, which Beth carries on her site, and I asked Beth about buying the formers as well. Beth tracked them down to a shop in England for me, making international calls for an item that she wouldn't even profit from the sale of! Now THAT is some rockin' customer service! Thanks, Beth!!!

6 replies
weirkd Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
weirkd Posted 21 Oct 2007 , 10:31pm
post #2 of 7

I took a class with her last March at the Mid-Atlantic Cake Show. She seemed very nice but I came in the class late. I learned a lot but didnt get the hands on I really was hoping for.

sugarlove Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sugarlove Posted 22 Oct 2007 , 12:01am
post #3 of 7

Would you please post the name of the shop and a link?

Kavingate Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kavingate Posted 22 Oct 2007 , 12:17am
post #4 of 7

Beth's website is www.sugarpaste.com and she carries the acanthus leaf molds. Here's the info she gave me on the formers:

I have finally talked to The Old Bakery. They do not sell the kingston formers to any shop in the United States, however you can call them and order.
Their phone number and how to dial from the United States is 011-44 1823 451 205. The Cost is $9.22 with the exchange rate that i checked today. Plus you will have to pay international shipping. Hope this helps you.
So figure right around $17.00-22.00 to get one.

sugarlove Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sugarlove Posted 22 Oct 2007 , 12:23am
post #5 of 7

I have the mold from beth. It's small and the wilton formers will work just fine. The Kingston former is very expensive for something that will just give a curve.

foots2 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
foots2 Posted 22 Oct 2007 , 12:33am
post #6 of 7

I got the kingston formers from The old Bakery and you get 2 formers not just 1. I was having problems getting the leaf mold but found a place in Massachusetts.

JaneK Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JaneK Posted 22 Oct 2007 , 12:37am
post #7 of 7

They have an acanthus leaf mold at Creative Cutters here in Ontario...here is the link in case anyone is interested...

http://www.creativecutters.com/LISTPRODUCTS.CFM?who=1

I love it when places have great customer service...makes such a difference!!! Very helpful on the phone at Creative cutters too..

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%