What Is The Best Tasting Fondant Icing??

Decorating By sara28 Updated 29 Oct 2007 , 5:11am by Tanya35

Sugarflowers Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Sugarflowers Posted 23 Oct 2007 , 9:58pm
post #31 of 36
Quote:
Originally Posted by lecrn

Thanks Michele. I'll try making the whole batch next time. I asked you the same question in another thread b/c I saw that you responded to another question re: your recipe. So, you can ignore that if you wish. What kind of milk do you use?
Thanks so much for your quick response.
Lisa

I like whole milk, 1/2 & 1/2 or cream. It just depends on what I have on hand and how special the order is. icon_smile.gif

Michele

p.s. I did see your other post, I hope I answered your concerns there.

cinderspritzer Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cinderspritzer Posted 24 Oct 2007 , 1:46pm
post #32 of 36

does michele foster's have to be refrigerated in the 24 hours i'm supposed to let it set?

Sugarflowers Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Sugarflowers Posted 24 Oct 2007 , 6:26pm
post #33 of 36
Quote:
Originally Posted by cinderspritzer

does Michele Foster's have to be refrigerated in the 24 hours I'm supposed to let it set?

It should not be refrigerated at all. It can be frozen for up to a year with no problem. It needs to be at room temperature to allow the gelatin to fully absorb the liquid. Refrigeration will slow this process and the humidity will be a problem. Even well wrapped, it might absorb any odors from the fridge (good or bad) icon_smile.gif.

After freezing, allow it to come to room temperature. Do not rush it by placing it in a warm place or nuking it. This will ruin it in a variety of ways.

Michele

cinderspritzer Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cinderspritzer Posted 24 Oct 2007 , 8:00pm
post #34 of 36

i didn't refrigerate it and was hoping you'd say not to.

thanks icon_smile.gif

sara28 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sara28 Posted 25 Oct 2007 , 4:30pm
post #35 of 36

Thank you all for the overwhelming response, I am going to test out the mmf this weekend, i noticed alot of you all talked about creme bouquet....what is that??? I will let you all know how it turns out.. keep your fingers crossed!!

Tanya35 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Tanya35 Posted 29 Oct 2007 , 5:11am
post #36 of 36
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sugarflowers

Quote:
Originally Posted by cinderspritzer

does Michele Foster's have to be refrigerated in the 24 hours I'm supposed to let it set?

It should not be refrigerated at all. It can be frozen for up to a year with no problem. It needs to be at room temperature to allow the gelatin to fully absorb the liquid. Refrigeration will slow this process and the humidity will be a problem. Even well wrapped, it might absorb any odors from the fridge (good or bad) icon_smile.gif.

After freezing, allow it to come to room temperature. Do not rush it by placing it in a warm place or nuking it. This will ruin it in a variety of ways.

Michele

Can you use a regular hand mixer? How difficult would that be? I am a newbie. Thanks.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%