Cupcakes: Which Do You Prefer?

Decorating By TanuvasaMama Updated 20 Oct 2007 , 4:48pm by Strazle

TanuvasaMama Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TanuvasaMama Posted 19 Oct 2007 , 9:54pm
post #1 of 11

When baking cupcakes, do you prefer the look of the crinkled/regular cupcake liners or the nut cups? Why? Do you like the variety of the regular cups? Do you dress up the nut cups?

10 replies
doughdough Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
doughdough Posted 19 Oct 2007 , 10:00pm
post #2 of 11

I am a big fan of the regular liners, and I also like to get the different designs, depending on the color sceme/occasion.

FromScratch Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
FromScratch Posted 19 Oct 2007 , 10:06pm
post #3 of 11

I like the nut cups. I just think they look neater. I put a small cut in the cup to make it easier to peel off. I don't do anything to them normally, but it is easy to tie a ribbon around them because they are straight sided and you can dab on some hot glue if you need to because the paper is so heavy. They have all the patterns for the paper baking cups, but truthfull.. you can't really see it after you bake them.

famousamous Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
famousamous Posted 19 Oct 2007 , 10:08pm
post #4 of 11

I also prefer the look of the nut cups. I just dont know where to find them, can anyone point me in the right direction?

aztomcat Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
aztomcat Posted 19 Oct 2007 , 10:39pm
post #5 of 11

I rarely ever use the foil nut cups. Only for fancy adult type parties or to make mini-cheesecakes in.

Otherwise I will get themed papers or colorful cupcake papers. A Baking Tip I use - Spray the inside of the papers with a quick mist of non-stick spray before putting in the batter, it guarantees easy cupcake removal.

I buy my themed cupcake papers at walmart, grocery, michaels, party supply stores. I can find the foil nut cups at my local grocery. I think you can also get them online from party supply websites.

D

Rincewind Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Rincewind Posted 20 Oct 2007 , 2:00am
post #6 of 11

I think it depends on the cupcake. Nut cups look elegant, but I don't think they suit all cupcakes.

FromScratch Posted 20 Oct 2007 , 2:04pm
post #7 of 11

I get the paper nut cups at Michael's or my local cake store. You can order them on-line too in larger quantities and they turn out to be much cheaper. I have never seen a foil nut cup. I have used foil cupcake liners.. I don't like them as I think they leave a taste on the cake.

sillychick Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sillychick Posted 20 Oct 2007 , 2:12pm
post #8 of 11

I love the ease of the self standing foil cupcake liners. I can fill up my sheet cake pans and bake over 4 dozen cupcakes at a time in my regular oven. When I use muffin tins I can only bake 2 dozen at a time. So I really like that it cuts my baking time in half. Although I don't like that they come out flatter...but that's just a technicality, no one else ever notices!

sillychick Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sillychick Posted 20 Oct 2007 , 2:12pm
post #9 of 11

I love the ease of the self standing foil cupcake liners. I can fill up my sheet cake pans and bake over 4 dozen cupcakes at a time in my regular oven. When I use muffin tins I can only bake 2 dozen at a time. So I really like that it cuts my baking time in half. Although I don't like that they come out flatter...but that's just a technicality, no one else ever notices!

FromScratch Posted 20 Oct 2007 , 4:30pm
post #10 of 11

That's why I like the nut cups too.. you can just line them up on a sheet pan and bake up a bunch.

Strazle Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Strazle Posted 20 Oct 2007 , 4:48pm
post #11 of 11

If you do a google search for nut/souffle/portion cups, you should find them.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%