I'm Now The "cake Guru" On My Other Message Board

Decorating By missmeg Updated 20 Oct 2007 , 8:25pm by Housemouse

missmeg Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
missmeg Posted 19 Oct 2007 , 7:18pm
post #1 of 2

icon_lol.gif I just thought this was too funny not to pass along to you girls...

I've been a member of a preganancy and parenting forum for the past 7 1/2 years, since I was pg with my ds in 2000. We're a tight bunch of ladies, and has become a very intimate group over these years. I have been open with them about my cake hobby turning into a start-up business.

Well, now every other day (it seems) I get a PM from one of them that's cake-related icon_lol.gif. Whether it's asking if you can bake a cake in a glass 9x13 pyrex pan; or how to "fix" cream cheese icing that's runny, clumpy, and doesn't taste good; to how to get a "look" other than stars.

I find it amusing, and I love anwswering the questions icon_biggrin.gif.

1 reply
Housemouse Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Housemouse Posted 20 Oct 2007 , 8:25pm
post #2 of 2

It is lovely to hear that that you are willing to help others with their cake queries. And they're very lucky to have someone who will share their knowledge. Nice to see that the sharing and caring spirit of CC has spread even further afield.

Too many people begrudge others their time and expertise and sometimes it seems that even a pat on the back is just too much effort.

Best wishes
Housemouse

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%