Oozing Cake

Decorating By cakebaker1957 Updated 20 Oct 2007 , 2:12pm by toristreats

cakebaker1957 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakebaker1957 Posted 19 Oct 2007 , 7:18pm
post #1 of 8

Help Guys, time is closer, im making the wilton over the Hill toombstone cake for halloween, and she wants it to ooze green, im thinking cutting holes into it and making Bc really thin and pour that into the holes that have been either covered in Bc or thinned fondant, what is your imput. also im going to have rats coming out of the holes,

7 replies
Pama2d Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Pama2d Posted 19 Oct 2007 , 7:30pm
post #2 of 8

Another idea would be to by a tube of the green writing gel that they sell at the grocery stores or even the cake supply stores. Might look a little more "slimey" than thinned buttercream.... but I think either way would work just fine.

cakebaker1957 Posted 19 Oct 2007 , 7:33pm
post #3 of 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pama2d

Another idea would be to by a tube of the green writing gel that they sell at the grocery stores or even the cake supply stores. Might look a little more "slimey" than thinned buttercream.... but I think either way would work just fine.

Thanks i may do that that way wont have to worry about tinting green

toristreats Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
toristreats Posted 19 Oct 2007 , 7:54pm
post #4 of 8

Or you could just tint some piping gel.

cakebaker1957 Posted 19 Oct 2007 , 7:48pm
post #5 of 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by toristreats

I love it Thanks, thats what i will do, do you think it will leak into the rest of the cake or do you think the Bc or fondant will hold it. which will be best?

toristreats Posted 19 Oct 2007 , 7:58pm
post #6 of 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by cakebaker1957

Quote:

I love it Thanks, thats what i will do, do you think it will leak into the rest of the cake or do you think the Bc or fondant will hold it. which will be best?

The buttercream or fondant will hold it. I would use which ever would give you the best end result. Either will be fine with the piping gel. I used piping gel and strawberry jam for the "spaghetti" sauce on my spaghetti and meatballs cake in my gallery. It didn't leak at all.

cakebaker1957 Posted 20 Oct 2007 , 1:31am
post #7 of 8
Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by cakebaker1957

Quote:

The buttercream or fondant will hold it. I would use which ever would give you the best end result. Either will be fine with the piping gel. I used piping gel and strawberry jam for the "spaghetti" sauce on my spaghetti and meatballs cake in my gallery. It didn't leak at all.

Thanks do you think that the cake will soak up the gook i will try to fill it on Thursday night and deliver it Friday for that night, on your spaghetti was the gel ontop of the cake mine will be inside and when they cut into it i hope it will ooze, what do you think

toristreats Posted 20 Oct 2007 , 2:12pm
post #8 of 8

If you can put a layer of buttercream around the edges where it ill ooze. This will create a barrier and will prevent the cake from soaking it up.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%