How Much "decorating" Can You Do With

Decorating By shannonann Updated 19 Oct 2007 , 9:27pm by amoos

shannonann Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
shannonann Posted 19 Oct 2007 , 6:17pm
post #1 of 7

traditional Cream Cheese Icing (butter, cream cheese, sugar, vanilla)?

I want to make traditional cream cheese icing and do a basketweave for a thanksgiving cake. Do you think it will hold up?

If not, could I replace some of the butter with butter flavored crisco?

Any input would be greatly appreciated!!!

6 replies
elizw Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
elizw Posted 19 Oct 2007 , 6:17pm
post #2 of 7

i've done basketweave with cream cheese icing (butter, cream cheese, conf. sugar, lemon juice, vanilla) and it did fine. i do find it a pain to spread but the basketweave held up great. The decorations were fine.

jibbies Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jibbies Posted 19 Oct 2007 , 6:18pm
post #3 of 7

I would add more powdered sugar to make the consistency stiffer for the basketweave.

Hope this helps thumbs_up.gif

Jibbies

Michele01 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Michele01 Posted 19 Oct 2007 , 6:19pm
post #4 of 7

You can pipe borders on a cake with cream cheese icing, but it's not as firm. I personally can't stand decorating a cake with it. It doesn't crust for me either. But, maybe there is a recipe out there that does.

judylynnturner Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
judylynnturner Posted 19 Oct 2007 , 9:07pm
post #5 of 7

There is a recipe on here that is called decorators cream cheese icing. It makes a lot of icing, but it crusts nicely and is very tasty. I forget who submitted it because I have been trying lots of the recipes on here.

absijails Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
absijails Posted 19 Oct 2007 , 9:23pm
post #6 of 7

I like the decorators cream cheese icing on this site. But keep in mind that it is made with butter and cream cheese and the warmth of your hands will soften it.

amoos Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
amoos Posted 19 Oct 2007 , 9:27pm
post #7 of 7

I also use either the Crusting CC recipe or the Decorators CC recipe (both from this site). I love them and so does everyone else....my #1 asked for icing!! I've even made roses out of it....just added a bit extra of powd sugar.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%