Adding White Chocolate To Wbh White Cake Recipe

Decorating By AuntieElle Updated 20 Oct 2007 , 6:19pm by kdbobo

AuntieElle Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
AuntieElle Posted 19 Oct 2007 , 5:49pm
post #1 of 2

How much and how? I thought it needs to be grated or chopped pretty fine so it doesn't sink to the bottom. Just not sure on the how much! Suggestions anyone? TIA

Elle

1 reply
kdbobo Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kdbobo Posted 20 Oct 2007 , 6:19pm
post #2 of 2

Hmm. Thinking (typing) out loud here:

Are you looking to make it studded with chocolate (like, a white chocolate chip cake) or white chocolate flavored?

If I was going for the chippy version, I'd try chopping into pieces about the size of mini chips, dust them in the flour mixture (to help prevent sinking), and fold in very quickly after adding the egg whites. How much do they suggest for the WBH chocolate chip pound cake? I seem to recall those recipes make about the same amount of batter.

If I was looking for the flavor, maybe melting some to room temp and adding to the batter before the egg whites, perhaps after creaming the butter and sugar, as you might add melted chocolate to make chocolate cake. Or just using something white chocolate flavored--I know a lot of people have suggested using pudding mix in frosting (but then you'll need to decrease the sugar) or perhaps there's some white chocolate flavored oil out there?

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%