Using Flower Nail As Heating Core..

Decorating By pkec00 Updated 19 Oct 2007 , 5:54pm by GenGen

pkec00 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
pkec00 Posted 19 Oct 2007 , 5:41pm
post #1 of 6

When using the flower nail as a heating core, do you place the nail upside down (pointy end up) in the cake pan or the other way around? When do you place it in the pan (probably a dumb question... but... icon_redface.gif )

5 replies
Sweettooth1120 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Sweettooth1120 Posted 19 Oct 2007 , 5:48pm
post #2 of 6

I just did this for the first time the other day. I placed the flat side down on the pan and poured the batter around it. If you tried to place it the other way, the nail would fall over before the cake could set enough to hold it. Good luck! icon_lol.gif

renee2007 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
renee2007 Posted 19 Oct 2007 , 5:42pm
post #3 of 6

yes you put the flat,round part on bottom of pan. in middle,depending on how big a pan you are using,make sure you oil it. then add you cake mix icon_smile.gif

pkec00 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
pkec00 Posted 19 Oct 2007 , 5:44pm
post #4 of 6

Thanks, that's what I was thinking, but then wondered if it was supposed to be inserted half way through cooking or something. Thanks!

And, of course, I forgot I was going to try this and already poured my batter into the pan. Duh.

aswartzw Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
aswartzw Posted 19 Oct 2007 , 5:45pm
post #5 of 6

I always grease and flour it and put it in just like the other posters. I've read where someone has put it in after the cake batter if they forgot and just did tip in. I think it depends on how thick your batter is though.

GenGen Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
GenGen Posted 19 Oct 2007 , 5:54pm
post #6 of 6

i made my own heating cores. depending on the size of the pan- if its small i use those small cans that tomatoe paste comes in and grease/flour or pam spray the insides and out. if its a larger cake i use either tomatoe sauce cans or soup cans! lol. works great.

plus having the cans on hand' you have a handy dandy biscuit cutter too!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%