Help!!! Cake Due In A Few Hours!!

Decorating By cupcake_cutie Updated 19 Oct 2007 , 3:14pm by jibbies

cupcake_cutie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cupcake_cutie Posted 19 Oct 2007 , 1:37pm
post #1 of 10

Ok, I asked for help with the fondant bow on Wednesday and people gave suggestions. I ended up trying with all fondant again. I made enough strips and made them thicker. They still broke and when I tried to put them together it looked nothing like a bow. I remember someone telling me that they have premade bows. Does anyone know where I can find one? I looked on Wilton and they just have the regular bow. The customer specifially wants the loop bow. Can anyone help me out? icon_sad.gif

9 replies
MissRobin Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MissRobin Posted 19 Oct 2007 , 1:51pm
post #2 of 10

I saw the premade loop bows at Wal-Mart!

cupcake_cutie Posted 19 Oct 2007 , 1:45pm
post #3 of 10

Thank you!

cupcake_cutie Posted 19 Oct 2007 , 2:46pm
post #4 of 10

I searched the Walmarts in my area and they don't have any. Any other suggestions?

8Tracie8 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
8Tracie8 Posted 19 Oct 2007 , 3:00pm
post #5 of 10

Hobby Lobby or Michaels should have the pre-made bows also. I've noticed here (in Oklahoma) that Wal-Mart is slowly fazing out their cake decorating stuff..... their bows were clearanced out a long time ago. Good luck!!

ssunshine564 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ssunshine564 Posted 19 Oct 2007 , 2:52pm
post #6 of 10

They have them at Walmart and Hobby Lobby and Michaels.

jen9936 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jen9936 Posted 19 Oct 2007 , 3:00pm
post #7 of 10

I would call around to all the retailers in your area that you know carry Wilton products, like Hobby Lobby, Michaels, etc. Also, you can buy pre-made Wilton gumpaste and use that for your bow. It dries very fast, like a few hours, and I find it really easy to work with.
Hope this helps!

pidge Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
pidge Posted 19 Oct 2007 , 3:01pm
post #8 of 10

candy clay may work ... never used it ... don't know the recipe ... big help aren't I? icon_confused.gif but I saw one on a cake and it may work better for you than fondant! thumbs_up.gif

tasteebakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tasteebakes Posted 19 Oct 2007 , 3:13pm
post #9 of 10

I wish I could figure out why they broke for you...was your fondant dry?
I know It's no help when your down to the wire. I would just keep trying if you can't find it in any store. What choice do you have?
Sorry..wish I could magically whisk you a bow...I know how frustrating it is.

jibbies Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jibbies Posted 19 Oct 2007 , 3:14pm
post #10 of 10

The only way you can use the bow at this late date if you find one is to leave it white. The process of dying it is yucky. it really only colors a pastel color and if you dip it too many times in the dye bath the paper that's it made of starts letting go and get slick and stringy.
also it has to be dried upside down or the loops collapse on themselves.
For bows I use Wilton premade gumpaste, I know it's too late now but that's for future reference. I would call her and explain to her the situation maybe put a nice ribbon bow on top.
Good luck!

Jibbies

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%