What Would You Charge...?

Decorating By Win Updated 18 Oct 2007 , 11:06pm by indydebi

Win Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Win Posted 18 Oct 2007 , 10:06pm
post #1 of 2

I'm never sure which forum to post in, so I always start with an apology. icon_redface.gif
I have a lady who wants me to make her daughter's wedding shower cake. She wants it to look like the invitation - which is a dress, and she said it can be in sheet form. We've just had a little bit of discussion about it and have not gotten down to brass tacks yet which is why I need to get a feel for pricing this particular style (I've not even seen the invitation she is using for inspiration.) In the gallery, there are the sheet cakes that have been carved to look like a dress, and there are the sheet cakes that have a bodice and then the skirt folds over the end of the cake, much like a true skirt. What would you think you'd charge for either style...? I think I will offer her both options one being less than the other - but not sure as to where to start as to the "lower end" option. The one variable I know will be constant is that I torte a sheet cake, no matter what. Thanks, in advance for any advice offered up.

1 reply
indydebi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
indydebi Posted 18 Oct 2007 , 11:06pm
post #2 of 2

I price is based on the cake that needs to be baked. If you have to start out with a 12x18 sheet cake, then that's what I use as a base price. Add any fondant or carving charges that you believe are applicable.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%