Can Somebody Please Smack My Dh!!!!! Rant

Decorating By wgoat5 Updated 19 Oct 2007 , 4:44pm by mbelgard

wgoat5 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
wgoat5 Posted 18 Oct 2007 , 3:25pm
post #1 of 26

Ok to start this off I wanna say I love my DH to death!!! And I KNOW that I am going to get some replies to this post ...some good ones but some that will side with him...so let me get started...

First of all I am hypoglycemic (Sp) and my sugar drops drastically...well in a weird way...only if I eat SUGAR lol. This is from a surgery I had and well ....that's another story...ANYWAYS.... I haven't had a birthday cake in years..made especially for me..ya know JUST MINE...well everybody can eat it to but...you know not shared with another birthday (like a KID!!!) Well my DH asks me what I want for my birthday...I say...I want a German Chocolate cake (not real big ya know...only 10 inches LOL and 6 inches tall with just two layers and the rest filling icon_razz.gif ). He says NOPE...you'll get a cupcake...I said I dont want a cupcake...I want GERMAN FREAKIN CHOCOLATE CAKE....he says BUT YOUR SUGAR...I say "IT DOESN'T HAPPEN ALL THE TIME" (and it drops but comes right up with cheese icon_rolleyes.gif LOL don't ask me why) He says DO YOU WANNA DIE? I say Why ARE YOU GONNA KILL ME???????????? LMAO

Anyways...will anybody tell me just once it's OK to have a freakin piece of cake...Just 1......cut in wedding size pieces even...Somebody tell me you'll bake me one and send it through the mail cause I aint gettin one here LOL.

Thanks for listening and PLEASE have a wonderful day!!!!!

Christi

25 replies
Gefion Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Gefion Posted 18 Oct 2007 , 3:45pm
post #2 of 26

It's not your hubbys decision whether or not you can have a real cake for your birthday. You are a grown woman, right? icon_wink.gif stand your ground.

And no, one piece of cake will not kill you. And no it's not unreasonable to want cake for once. I take it that you are eating healthy otherwise, of course icon_lol.gif

tye Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tye Posted 18 Oct 2007 , 4:21pm
post #3 of 26

what would be the difference between one piece of cake that you really want and a cupcake???

indydebi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
indydebi Posted 18 Oct 2007 , 4:23pm
post #4 of 26

Bless his heart, he's looking out for you, which is good .... he's just doesn't have to go cake-nazi on ya! icon_lol.gif

He didn't think you were going to eat the whole thing yourself did he? icon_lol.gif

A lot of guys are just black-n-white. My first husband was an idiot in that regard. I happen to mention once that I thought blue carnations with baby's breath was the most beautiful flower arrangement I had ever seen. So when ever he sent flowers, tha'ts what I got. It got to be a joke in the office that everyone knew they were mine when they saw them being carried in.

I mention "Why do you ALWAYS send the same flowers?" His answer? "Well you SAID you liked those!"

Well hell's bell's, I like banana splits, but I don't want one for dinner every single night!

dumba$$.

(Did I mention he's an EX husband! icon_twisted.gif )

Melan Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Melan Posted 18 Oct 2007 , 4:25pm
post #5 of 26

Ok, so, IMO, the only way this one piece of cake is going to kill you is if you choke on a piece and your husband stands over you saying "I told you so..." instead of preforming the heimlich maneuver to save your life. So please, someone make this woman a german chocolate cake and please dear, chew it before you swallow! icon_wink.gif

ladyhawk1nlm Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ladyhawk1nlm Posted 18 Oct 2007 , 4:30pm
post #6 of 26

I have this fight with my DH he is diebetic, He will eat anything that has suger in it ...I tell him he has to be good for a wk before his birthday and eat in moderation...you are the opposite of him...my DS has hypoglycemic also..the reason your suger comes back up when you eat cheese is cause it is protein...At least thats what the dr told us dont know how it works...Just remember ya hubby loves and cares about ya...So i hope you get your cake and eat it too...lol

wgoat5 Posted 18 Oct 2007 , 4:41pm
post #7 of 26

LOL I'm standing my ground darnit cause my CC family told me to!!!!!! * dialing his cell phone and leaving nasty messages on it right now * LMAO icon_smile.gif

Teekakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Teekakes Posted 18 Oct 2007 , 4:50pm
post #8 of 26

Stand your ground girl! You are all grown up and will be the one dealing with the effects of the sugar crash all by yourself. You know what eating sugar CAN do to you so if you are willing to take the chance then by all means he should supply you with your weapon of choice and get you a GC cake for your birthday! icon_lol.gif

I do admire him for thinking about your hypoglocemia though. My DH is thoughtful towards me too and it is always with good intentions. A lot of "dh's" wouldn't give a s***! LOL................

BTW, when's the big day? You must tell us in case you drop off the face of the earth for a day or two................this way we will know you had a sugar rush to deal with! icon_lol.gif

thecakemaker Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
thecakemaker Posted 18 Oct 2007 , 4:44pm
post #9 of 26

Tell him you want a german chocolate cupcake then! icon_lol.gif

Debbie

wgoat5 Posted 18 Oct 2007 , 4:46pm
post #10 of 26

LOL Lea ohhhh my big day (lets really forget it lol) is Nov. 21st..(lets forget it forever)

And I will get one.....if I have to go to the store...sit in the car and eat one of those Pepperidge farm cakes while listening to music and rushing before DH finds out where I am icon_biggrin.gif . (And btw PF cakes are good but NOT the GC !!!! ))

Can just imagine the ooey gooey goodness of the pecans and coconut dribbling down my chin...OHHH YUMMMM and I have no clue why my arse is so big!!! LMAO

wgoat5 Posted 18 Oct 2007 , 4:49pm
post #11 of 26

Debbie!!! You know as well as I do that cupcakes aren't the same icon_sad.gificon_sad.gif LOL

Odd...I posted after you lea and you are after ME...weird...kinda like the ghost pmer I have been getting.. hmmmmm things that make you go hmmm

doughdough Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
doughdough Posted 18 Oct 2007 , 4:51pm
post #12 of 26

I would say that as long as you BEHAVE yourself for a few days before the big day, you are good to go for a piece of cake. Let your DH dote on you and be a "sugar nazi" up until then.

You hopefully know your own body enough to know how much sugar you can tolerate on a special occasion. Good Luck!

BTW, how does your body tolerate Splenda?? That may be a good option to make a German Choc. Cake with a sugar sub...just throwing that out there!

kathik Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kathik Posted 18 Oct 2007 , 4:52pm
post #13 of 26

Well, I have two suggestions......

1. Have a plate of cheese slices first (protein takes a while to get in your bloodstream) and then your slice of German Chocolate Cake. (You need it in that order so the taste lingers in your mouth).

2. Take the rest of the German Chocolate Cake and smash it in DH's face! Much more satisfying than slapping him! icon_twisted.gif

Have a good birthday and eat your cake! party.gif
Kathi

wgoat5 Posted 18 Oct 2007 , 4:55pm
post #14 of 26

I have really been a good girl....I don't eat sweets regularly...I stare at them (family ) like a big ole blue eyed dog.....salvitating LOL So I think I deserve....well at least making a 6 inch or even a 4 inch cake...I really didn't want to make it myself but I bet ..... Well I would win this one...that DH can't buy just 1 cupcake (gc anyways). I think the bigger issue is that he doesn't like coconut!!! Oh now Im really mad cause it must be because HE doesn't like the flavor...hmmmm gotta think about this one now lol

CakeMommyTX Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CakeMommyTX Posted 18 Oct 2007 , 5:04pm
post #15 of 26

tell him "ok instead of cake I want a big fat diamond pendant in the shape of a peice of cake, oh and matching earrings"

Teekakes Posted 18 Oct 2007 , 5:04pm
post #16 of 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by wgoat5

LOL Lea ohhhh my big day (lets really forget it lol) is Nov. 21st..(lets forget it forever)

And I will get one.....if I have to go to the store...sit in the car and eat one of those Pepperidge farm cakes while listening to music and rushing before DH finds out where I am icon_biggrin.gif . (And btw PF cakes are good but NOT the GC !!!! ))

Can just imagine the ooey gooey goodness of the pecans and coconut dribbling down my chin...OHHH YUMMMM and I have no clue why my arse is so big!!! LMAO

DUH! The date is right below your avatar! Silly me! icon_redface.gif

I have never eaten a PF cake so don't know how good they are. However, two weeks ago I made GC cake with coconut pecan frosting for my DH because it is his ALL-TIME favorite cake as long as it is from scratch. One time we bought a GC cake from a local grocery store bakery and while it was "ok" it certainly was a far cry from the homemade he is used to. So yes! Being married to a GC freak I CAN see you eating it and the ooey gooey goodness of the pecans and coconut dribbling down your chin!! icon_lol.gificon_lol.gif You go girl!

BTW..........your birthday is the same day as my precious little granddaughters. She will be the big 6 this year.

kaseynh Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kaseynh Posted 18 Oct 2007 , 5:05pm
post #17 of 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by kathik

Well, I have two suggestions......

1. Have a plate of cheese slices first (protein takes a while to get in your bloodstream) and then your slice of German Chocolate Cake. (You need it in that order so the taste lingers in your mouth).

2. Take the rest of the German Chocolate Cake and smash it in DH's face! Much more satisfying than slapping him! icon_twisted.gif

Have a good birthday and eat your cake! party.gif
Kathi

I especially agree with suggestion #2! icon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gif

Teekakes Posted 18 Oct 2007 , 5:06pm
post #18 of 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by yourstrulytx

tell him "ok instead of cake I want a big fat diamond pendant in the shape of a peice of cake, oh and matching earrings"

OOOOoooh I like this idea! icon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gif

wgoat5 Posted 18 Oct 2007 , 5:09pm
post #19 of 26

Ooohhh I do too!!!! icon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gif

thecakemaker Posted 19 Oct 2007 , 2:19pm
post #20 of 26

delete double post

thecakemaker Posted 19 Oct 2007 , 2:19pm
post #21 of 26

[quote="wgoat5"]Debbie!!! You know as well as I do that cupcakes aren't the same icon_sad.gificon_sad.gif LOL

You obviously haven't seen Wilton's new Giant Cupcake pan! I'm trying to attach a link but not sure if it will work. . .

http://www.goodyblog.com/playing_house/2007/07/super-size-your.html

Debbie

sewlora Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sewlora Posted 19 Oct 2007 , 2:21pm
post #22 of 26

I have hypoglycemia too, and I live with it just fine. It may not be as severe as yours but ...

Definitely eat a meal high in protein first, then have some cake. Keep and eye on your blood sugar and your body's signs, and if you start feeling your standard symptoms, hop onto the cheese girl!

My b'd is just a few days after yours so if you don't get your cake, I'll make sure I eat a piece in your honor!!! icon_lol.gif

leah_s Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
leah_s Posted 19 Oct 2007 , 3:30pm
post #23 of 26

I'm going to be on a big ship in the Carribean on November 21, but I can make you a cake the previous weekend. I may be the closest CCer to you . . .

Call this Cake Rescue 911--CCer needs cake!!

wgoat5 Posted 19 Oct 2007 , 3:42pm
post #24 of 26

icon_smile.gif A CRUISE???????? OK I wanna cruise WITH the GC cake icon_biggrin.gif!!!!

leah_s Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
leah_s Posted 19 Oct 2007 , 4:26pm
post #25 of 26

Yeah, our family has gotton really small. That's the problem with only children having only children. So, nobody wants to cook, and we booked a family cruise. Family = 4 people.

And now back to cake.

Yum.

mbelgard Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mbelgard Posted 19 Oct 2007 , 4:44pm
post #26 of 26

If I was closer I'd smack your husband for you. Try to compromise with him, a smaller cake (like 6") in the flavor of your choice and you won't eat much and it will be eaten after a high protein meal.

I hate it when husband's don't want to have foods because they dont' like them but if the wife doesn't like something she's supposed to feed it to him anyway. My husband is always trying to get me to make things I won't eat.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%