Bc Quilted Look?

Decorating By strawberry0121 Updated 18 Oct 2007 , 4:53pm by addietx

strawberry0121 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
strawberry0121 Posted 18 Oct 2007 , 12:23pm
post #1 of 5

Does anyone know how to get the quilted look on BC? I don't have a fondant press or anything. Thanks!

Monika

4 replies
beachcakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
beachcakes Posted 18 Oct 2007 , 1:18pm
post #2 of 5

You'll need a crusting BC and a template. Cut a length of card stock into the width you want the diamonds at the widest point. For expample, if you want the width to be 1", cut a strip 1" wide by 5" high (a little taller than the height of the cake). Snip off the bottom corner to get the angle you want the lines to be (then you can place the template flat on your cake board and get the same angle each time).
Use this template and a ruler or sewing tracing wheel and impress the diagonal lines in one direction all around the cake, then flip the template over and go in the other direction. You may need to dip the edge of your ruler or tracing wheel in powdered sugar.

mgdqueen Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mgdqueen Posted 18 Oct 2007 , 1:36pm
post #3 of 5

or create a template by using a hot glue gun and cardboard...just make the pattern you want on the piece of cardboard (10x14 cake boards or half that size work really well) then when it's dry, you can press it into the crusted buttercream.

strawberry0121 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
strawberry0121 Posted 18 Oct 2007 , 4:41pm
post #4 of 5

Thanks! I think I might try the first method. I don't have any hot glue right now.

addietx Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
addietx Posted 18 Oct 2007 , 4:53pm
post #5 of 5

I love the creativity of some. You can always order one. Thanks for the suggestions on how to make one.
Addie

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%