Lancaster County (Pa) - Stores???

Decorating By bonniebakes Updated 20 Oct 2007 , 1:19pm by bonniebakes

bonniebakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bonniebakes Posted 18 Oct 2007 , 11:43am
post #1 of 8

Hi,

I'll be in Lancaster at the outlet stores tomorrow (Firday 10/19) and I was wondering if anyone knew of any neat stores near by that I should chek out.

I have been there before (my friend and I go up once a year to shop and ride around the countryside), so I sort of know the area and I don't mind venturing off the main road or going a away from the outlet centers.

Are there any craft/ cookie cutters/ baking/ cake supply/ kitchen gadget stores that you can recommend?

Thanks in advance!!

Bonnie

7 replies
sweetsbycheryl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweetsbycheryl Posted 18 Oct 2007 , 11:54am
post #2 of 8

Reading Glass and China is a good all around kitchen store. Check out Zook's Quilt shop (run by the Amish)- take a right at the light at the outlet mall and go towards Strasburg. There are also several quilt and craft shops in Intercourse (very near Lancaster). Have fun- Lancaster is one of my favorite areas!!

mawagner Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mawagner Posted 18 Oct 2007 , 12:13pm
post #3 of 8

Hi Bonnie,

I live in Lancaster so here's what I know. There is A.C. Moore and Michaels just off Lititz Pike they have all the normal stuff. The Flower and Craft Warehouse in Blue Ball has a huge craft selection with a small cake decorating section. I see that you are from Maryland so I don't know if you will be coming through York, but there is a cake decorating store there...Camplbell's Cake and Candy Supply (I think). They have a selection of cookie cutters and lots of cake deco. stuff. My favorite places at the outlets are Kitchen Collections and Reading China and Glass (the have a big selection of different kitchen items). I would be happy to help if you need more info about any of these places, just let me know. Have fun!

Melissa

Chicklets Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Chicklets Posted 18 Oct 2007 , 12:24pm
post #4 of 8

There is a yummy bakery/family restaurant called Bird-In-Hand Family Restaurant they have YUMMY baked goods and delish PA Dutch cookin'. I would kill to get my hands on their butter-cream recipe! Here is their web-site http://www.bird-in-hand.com/index.php/places_to_eat/eat_overview/bird_in_hand_bakery/
Have fun!!!

bonniebakes Posted 18 Oct 2007 , 10:11pm
post #5 of 8

thanks everyone, for the great suggestions!

I tried to find the store in Blue Ball last year, but never found it. I LOVE the Reading China and Glass!

I'm so excited - I LOVE Lancaster!! I just hope it doesn't rain all day!!

Peeg Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Peeg Posted 18 Oct 2007 , 10:58pm
post #6 of 8

Hello Bonnie, Iam also from Maryland (Hampstead). I've never been to the Lancaster outlets, but have been to the Hagerstown and Gettysburg ones. Enjoy and bring back some good info. Peggy

blondie500 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
blondie500 Posted 19 Oct 2007 , 3:26am
post #7 of 8

For eating, you have GOT to eat at The Family Cupboard!! Best buffet around--and reasonably-priced. My husband gets jealous when I go with my mom every Thanksgiving--but only because he wants the food. It's on 340. Make a left on 896 (Waffle house on left), then right on 340. Follow until you see the sign on left. It looks like a red barn. It's awesome!!

bonniebakes Posted 20 Oct 2007 , 1:19pm
post #8 of 8

Hi everyone -

Thanks SO much for the great ideas! We went yesterday and as always, it was wonderful!! We were a bit worried, because the weather forecast was not great, but the heavy rain held off until we got home last night.

We went to the Flwoer and Craft Warehouse - it is HUGE! But if you go, use the directions from their site, not the ones form the PAdutchcoutry website (there are 2 Borad streets and they are NOT near each other).

It was so late when we came hoem that we didnt' get the chance to stop at Campbell's in York, but some day I may just have to take a trip up there if you think it's worth it.

Thanks again!!

Bonnie

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%