Board Covering

Decorating By tadawade Updated 21 Oct 2007 , 1:55pm by mamacc

tadawade Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tadawade Posted 18 Oct 2007 , 11:30am
post #1 of 8

I've noticed that some of you are using decorative wrapping to cover your cake boards to match your theme. Such as Sponge Bob to match a Sponge Bob cake. What are you using? Just gift wrap or is it something else?

7 replies
mrstoponak Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mrstoponak Posted 18 Oct 2007 , 11:34am
post #2 of 8

I use wrapping paper or fabric. Just remember to cover that with something clear like contact paper. thumbs_up.gif

amycake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
amycake Posted 18 Oct 2007 , 11:26am
post #3 of 8

Yes I see that too. And it always looks great. I would love to know what you use for it also.

amycake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
amycake Posted 18 Oct 2007 , 11:32am
post #4 of 8

So you cover it with any wrapping paper you want and then cover over it with the clear contact paper? Sounds easy enough. Gives you a ton more variety for covering board. I think I am going to try that.
Thanks
Amy

jibbies Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jibbies Posted 18 Oct 2007 , 11:39am
post #5 of 8

One extra step you can take is to wipe the clear contact paper with everclear, that kills germs from handling and also helps get rid of the static that that stuff always has. I take a little jar of it and a clean white washcloth to the venue and wipe around the outer edge, once the cake has been set up.

Jibbies

mommicakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mommicakes Posted 18 Oct 2007 , 11:47am
post #6 of 8

Jibbies: Thanks for that trick of the trade. I will have to remember that one!!!! icon_biggrin.gif

tadawade Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tadawade Posted 21 Oct 2007 , 1:01pm
post #7 of 8

Thanks for the information. I will defenitely give it a try.

mamacc Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mamacc Posted 21 Oct 2007 , 1:55pm
post #8 of 8

Scrapbook paper with clear contact is good too. I started using it when I couldn't find enough variety with wrapping paper...

Courtney

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%