Making Tourquoise

Decorating By diamondsonblackvelvet13 Updated 18 Oct 2007 , 3:35pm by mssweetie24

diamondsonblackvelvet13 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
diamondsonblackvelvet13 Posted 18 Oct 2007 , 3:32am
post #1 of 6

Hello again all,
I have a wedding cake coming up soon. i need to use Tourquoise Fondant on the cake. Three tier etc etc. anyway. i was thinking of ordering the satin Ice in blue. My question is how blue is that blue? is it royal? or sky? or cornflower? Could I possibly turn it into tourquoise? If not what would be the best way?

5 replies
FrostinGal Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
FrostinGal Posted 18 Oct 2007 , 4:58am
post #2 of 6

Sorry I don't know the answer to the Satin Ice question, but if you make your own fondant, you can color it any color you like by adding teal color to the liquid ingredients.

Baileygirl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Baileygirl Posted 18 Oct 2007 , 5:43am
post #3 of 6

This link will take you to the Satin Ice website and a cake with the blue fondant. I would make my own fondant and add the color to the liquid ingredients. This saves a lot of time kneading color into the fondant.
http://www.satinfinefoods.com/birthdaycakes.shtml

mssweetie24 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mssweetie24 Posted 18 Oct 2007 , 2:53pm
post #4 of 6

If you go to the www.intheoven.com they sell the satin ice, they have a forum as well. You can look in the fondant section of it and it has a topic that is listed as- custom fondant colors..It shows a list of colors of how to get the color you need..Hope that helps icon_smile.gif

beachcakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
beachcakes Posted 18 Oct 2007 , 3:21pm
post #5 of 6

I think it might be www.intotheoven.com ? Going to check it out now - thanks mssweetie24!

mssweetie24 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mssweetie24 Posted 18 Oct 2007 , 3:35pm
post #6 of 6

lol it is www.intotheoven.com I didn't realize I left out the "to" part of it. icon_redface.gif sorry

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%