How Do I Get This Effect?

Decorating By suzylynn58 Updated 18 Oct 2007 , 8:08pm by superstar

suzylynn58 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
suzylynn58 Posted 18 Oct 2007 , 2:51am
post #31 of 37

Thanks for all the idea! I think I could make it work using some of those ideas. I'll let you know what I decide to do. Maybe I'll make a practice cake and try some different techniques.

Susan

DelightsByE Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
DelightsByE Posted 18 Oct 2007 , 3:55am
post #32 of 37

I don't see why you couldn't just take a stiff piece of straight-edge plastic and use a hole punch in even increments to get the same effect of piping...

wespam Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
wespam Posted 18 Oct 2007 , 11:40am
post #33 of 37

I have done a similar smaller version in my photos called rose. It is sage green. I piped the lines on with a tip #3. I wasn't looking for a perfect line, I wanted it to be swirl around the cake more naturally. I added a little piping gel to my buttercream to help it flow easier. Hope this helps. Pam from Bama

jibbies Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jibbies Posted 18 Oct 2007 , 11:45am
post #34 of 37

Here's a cake I did with similar effects I used a #16 Wilton tip to get the shells but you could use a plain round tip for the effect they have.
http://www.cakecentral.com/cake-photo_1065543.html

Jibbies

Ladivacrj Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Ladivacrj Posted 18 Oct 2007 , 11:46am
post #35 of 37

After looking at the larger photo, it appears to be piped. The lines are uneven and thick and thin.

CelebrationCakery Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CelebrationCakery Posted 18 Oct 2007 , 3:17pm
post #36 of 37

I don't now what the heck my computer has been up to lately....luckily the new one will be in tonight....so I want to apologize for my multiple posts......some sort of error was appearing here and then I would repost thinking it was not going through.

I didn't get a chance to take a look at the bigger picture yet, but it sounds like those that have seen it are confident that it is piped....so I am sure I am not right but heck....there is just another tool we can put into our overflowing tool boxes in the kitchen........a notched trowel, how would have ever known.......
heck I may just ask for a home depot gift card for Christmas and then have at the masonry dept. for my next supply splurge!

Happy caking to all.......I feel like going to buy one just to use it for the heck of it now....

superstar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
superstar Posted 18 Oct 2007 , 8:08pm
post #37 of 37

Home Depot is becoming a great place to buy cake decorating tools. That trowel is a fabulous idea. Thank you.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%