How Much To Charge??

Business By Cg24 Updated 17 Oct 2007 , 10:16pm by Cg24

Cg24 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Cg24 Posted 17 Oct 2007 , 4:24pm
post #1 of 4

Hello You all!!, I'm writing to you because I'm a little confuse and I have a question to make to you.

The other day came to my house this person and asked to me if I could make a Castle cake with an edible tiara for a Baby Shower. She wanted a cake for about 40 people, so I suggested her 2 tiers cake, one 10" and the other one 6", I showed her the Wilton Romantic Castle photo cake and She liked it, She wanted exactly that cake but plus the tiara, and also she wanted Marshmallowcream Buttercream for icing and strawberry filling.

So my question is How much will you have charged for this cake??

Thank you

3 replies
indydebi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
indydebi Posted 17 Oct 2007 , 5:07pm
post #2 of 4

Number of servings per the Wilton Wedding Cake Chart times my per serving price of $3 + whatever you'd charge for the edible tiara.

leily Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
leily Posted 17 Oct 2007 , 5:23pm
post #3 of 4

I get that as 50 servings that are 1x2x4. Price per serving $2.50, then additional charge for the tiara.

I am not sure what Marshmallowcream buttercream is so I might up my price a little if the cost of ingredients was higher than my BC.

So base price is $125 without tiara or delivery

Cg24 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Cg24 Posted 17 Oct 2007 , 10:16pm
post #4 of 4

Thank you'all for your answers.

You know, this person came to my house yesterday and I had charged her $80 dlls for the cake, because I never know How much to charge, but reading your answers I thing I was wrong, I was given it inexpensively.

So anyway, this morning called this person and told me that She wasn't going to want already the cake, She told me that She had asked in a local bakery and they charged her $40 dlls, and then I thought I wonder if they are going to do everything that she wants?, so I told her that it was ok, it wasn't a problem.

I'm not going to underestimateting my work.

What would you do??

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%