Marshmallow Pops Question

Decorating By parismom Updated 24 Oct 2007 , 12:53am by TexasSugar

parismom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
parismom Posted 17 Oct 2007 , 1:43pm
post #1 of 5

I haven't found any answers on this subject - so maybe a posted topic can help me out...

I saw some pictures of those marshmallows dipped in candy melts and I want to do some pumpkins for my daughter's bday coming up next week. What is used and how much - to thin the melst to a good coating consistency?

Thank you all!

4 replies
beachcakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
beachcakes Posted 17 Oct 2007 , 3:48pm
post #2 of 5

I think it's called Paramount crystals? Not sure how much to use, or if you can use paraffin wax instead? I've thinned candy melts some with Crisco also, just add by the tablespoon til you get the right consistency. (Learned this after I tried to color candy melts with non-candy gel color - add crisco back until it unseizes)

shadowgypsie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
shadowgypsie Posted 17 Oct 2007 , 6:21pm
post #3 of 5

To cover your Marshmellows on sticks use your candy melts melted in a glass measuring pitcher. Don't thin the melts down. Hold pitcher tilted to the side- roll stick with marshmellows into the coating instead of dipping. When dipping the mellows tend to slide off. After trying several times to make these I was at Dollywood up in Tennessee and was watching them make these treats. I asked many questions and recieved the answers to them all. And making these were at the top of the list. I hope this helped .

parismom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
parismom Posted 23 Oct 2007 , 8:04pm
post #4 of 5

Wow thanks for all the help!!

TexasSugar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TexasSugar Posted 24 Oct 2007 , 12:53am
post #5 of 5

When I do the marshmallows on sticks, I first take the stick or pretzels (for something edible) and dip it into some candy melts and then stick it into the marshmallow. This helps them stick together when dipping. If you are doing pumpkins you can dip it in green to create a bit of stem.

To dip them I use a bowl or the chocolate melting pot and don't add anything to the melts. They melt up fine. Dip your marshmallow, swirl around if you need to then pull it out and let it drip a little bit, scrap off the excess from the bottom then place it on wax paper. If you want to roll them in nuts or sprinkles or what ever, do that before laying them on the wax paper.

I really like Wilton's Chocolate melting pot. I just both my second one and I'm almost tempted to purchase a third. I did use coupons for it though. I bought the second one so I can do two different colors at once. icon_smile.gif It keeps the melts a great dipping consistancy and you don't have to keep reheating your bowl.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%