Cake Mix Cornbread!!!!!!!!!!

Baking By gingersoave Updated 18 Oct 2007 , 5:42pm by penguinprincess

gingersoave Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
gingersoave Posted 15 Oct 2007 , 2:12pm
post #1 of 7

Hi CCer's! I have a recipe to share that is SO YUMMY!!!!!!

Cake Mix Cornbread

1 box yellow cake mix
2 boxes jiffy corn bread mix
3 eggs
2/3 c. milk
2/3 c. water

mix all together and pour into 9x13 greased pan.
bake at 400 degrees till knife comes out clean (40ish minutes)
If the top gets really brown just put some tin foil on it till its done.

I make honey butter to go with it ~ real butter mixed with some honey.

I hope everyone likes it, our family LOVES IT!!!!! It makes a TON!

Ginger

6 replies
frstech Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
frstech Posted 15 Oct 2007 , 2:17pm
post #2 of 7

This Sounds Deelish ! Thanks for sharing !!

Dawn

erinalicia Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
erinalicia Posted 15 Oct 2007 , 6:34pm
post #3 of 7

This is like Marie Callendar's cornbread! I love it, but the rest of my family doesn't. My mom is a stickler for "southern" cornbread. It isn't sweet at all.

shanzah67 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
shanzah67 Posted 16 Oct 2007 , 12:09am
post #4 of 7

Yum! I will have to try this one. My family loves Jiffy cornbread and I bet they will love this recipe too. ...and the honey butter.

Thanks for sharing!

Memie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Memie Posted 17 Oct 2007 , 3:10pm
post #5 of 7

I'm gonna try this for my husband. He doesn't like my unsweetened "southern" cornbread. Growing up, we always had cornbread with supper and it really bugs me that he won't eat it. Can I make this in an iron skillet?? It's the only thing I've ever used for cornbread.

shanzah67 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
shanzah67 Posted 18 Oct 2007 , 4:59pm
post #6 of 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Memie

I'm gonna try this for my husband. He doesn't like my unsweetened "southern" cornbread. Growing up, we always had cornbread with supper and it really bugs me that he won't eat it. Can I make this in an iron skillet?? It's the only thing I've ever used for cornbread.

I grew up in Memphis TN area. We always had cornbread at supper too...either the cast iron skillet in the oven or fried cornbread patties (that's what we called them anyway icon_smile.gif ) We made it from scratch and unsweetened too. My husband will eat jiffy because of the sweetness so I know he'll love the recipe Ginger posted here. thumbs_up.gif

penguinprincess Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
penguinprincess Posted 18 Oct 2007 , 5:42pm
post #7 of 7

Thank you so much for posting this recipe! A friend of mine made this (years ago) but was vague about how to make it!! She said she used jiffy corn mix with cake mix-but would not tell us the rest! I am not a fan of corn bread, but fell in love with this recipe!! I was just thinking about it too! Thank you again!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%