Is Cake An Ok Secret Sanat Gift??

Decorating By cordy Updated 19 Dec 2006 , 10:47pm by JodieF

cordy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cordy Posted 19 Dec 2006 , 9:25pm
post #1 of 12

I am doing a secret Sanat thingy with a group of people and I was thinking I would make a Christmas tree cake as one of my gifts, that way the person could share with her family etc. But is that a lame idea?

11 replies
silver__pixie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
silver__pixie Posted 19 Dec 2006 , 9:32pm
post #2 of 12

I think that is a great idea! I know many people who would love to get that gift.

Price Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Price Posted 19 Dec 2006 , 9:38pm
post #3 of 12

I think it's a great idea as long as the person receiving it isn't not a diet! lol. I'd love to get something home baked as a gift. As a matter of fact, I made pound cakes last year for the 6 people in my department at work!

tiptop57 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tiptop57 Posted 19 Dec 2006 , 9:43pm
post #4 of 12

Cordy, I know that people would simply die to get one of my cakes for a gift......why are you worried that it would be lame for a Secret Santa gift?

Besides, I think you really need to go back and really look at your work and appreciate your talent!!!!! Why wouldn't someone want one of your beautiful creations!

eyrthmothr Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
eyrthmothr Posted 19 Dec 2006 , 9:46pm
post #5 of 12

I would say it depends on how tight you are with your co-workers. I work in a building/department with 250+ people and would not be comfortable receiving something like that. I prefer to eat home made goodies made by people I know. Am I making sense? HOWEVER, if you and I worked together and I got one of YOUR cakes as a gift, I would be delighted!!!

cordy Posted 19 Dec 2006 , 9:49pm
post #6 of 12

Thanks for the compliments! The exchange is with a fan club in which I am a memebr so the numbers are small and I'm pretty certain she'd be comfortable eating my cake icon_smile.gif I personally would think it was sweet someone took time to hand craft a cake rtaher than just buy a gift card or whatever. I am thinking a cute Christmas tree, that would give me an excuse to buy the Wilton tree pan icon_smile.gif Of course I could always cut it out free hand too.

puzzlegut Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
puzzlegut Posted 19 Dec 2006 , 9:58pm
post #7 of 12

As long as the person in question wouldn't object to getting cake (like if they are on a diet or have allergies), then a cake would be really neat and personal.

Moviechick00 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Moviechick00 Posted 19 Dec 2006 , 10:25pm
post #8 of 12

A cake for secret santa is a great idea. The last big company that I worked for they wanted me to be their secret santa so that they could get goodies. I only made goodies twice, once was ricecrispy treats in shapes of christmas trees, angel and candy canes. The second was on the last day which I made my earth quake smores that was given along with the real gift. After the rice crispy treats she came to me to ask if I was her secret santa....haha I replied nope I cant make rice crispy treats to save my life. Which is true!! LOL I didnt make them my partner did. Your cake may be a give away as to who the secret santa is. Its fun to do and ppl love it.

MC

pumpkinroses Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
pumpkinroses Posted 19 Dec 2006 , 10:31pm
post #9 of 12

I think the cake is a great idea, although you may want to make it your final gift. If your the only one that makes cakes it would give you away and you would no longer be a secret santa.

Have fun.

cordy Posted 19 Dec 2006 , 10:32pm
post #10 of 12

As long as the person in question wouldn't object to getting cake (like if they are on a diet or have allergies), then a cake would be really neat and personal.

Nope I did a bunch of subversive snooping and now everyone thinks I'm crazy but I know 20 people's likes and dislikes and allergies etc icon_razz.gif

STX44703 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
STX44703 Posted 19 Dec 2006 , 10:46pm
post #11 of 12

Go For It!!!
I would love to get a beautiful homemade cake as a gift

JodieF Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JodieF Posted 19 Dec 2006 , 10:47pm
post #12 of 12

I put a homemade gift certificate for a cheesecake in our gift exchange for our staff luncheon today. That way they can have the cake when they want it! I think it's a great idea! icon_biggrin.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%