Having Trouble With The Size Of My Butt...

Decorating By lpino Updated 30 Oct 2007 , 12:26am by kelly75

lpino Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lpino Posted 13 Oct 2007 , 11:52am
post #1 of 16

...cake... butt cake!!! icon_lol.gif

This woman asked me to make her a butt cake and I found one of Debbie Brown that I like. Here's a link to one on this site, perfectly executed by sue_dye:

http://www.cakecentral.com/modules.php?name=gallery&file=displayimage&pid=732073

Here's the problem... she wants this cake to feed 50-60 people and there is no way the butt alone can do it so I suggested to her making the butt smaller and put it on top of a round cake so that she had enough but she wants the butt to be big!!!!!
I can use my sports ball pan to make it but, if I put that on top of another cake, the cake underneath has to be really big, a lot bigger than I need it... If I only do the butt, even if it's big, it won't be big enough for 60!!! icon_cry.gif

Any ideas?????????
Please???

15 replies
jo_ann Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jo_ann Posted 13 Oct 2007 , 1:22pm
post #2 of 16

This may not make sense but you could make a sheet cake to carve out the waist and legs for and then add 6" or 8 " cakes under the sports ball to bring the butt up. OR you could bake 10" or larger cakes and stack them and carve out the butt. HTH.

Jo-Ann

pookster Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
pookster Posted 13 Oct 2007 , 5:21pm
post #3 of 16

I would bake a bunch of larger cakes, stack them and then start carving...

Melvira Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Melvira Posted 13 Oct 2007 , 5:36pm
post #4 of 16

I was going to suggest about the same thing as Jo_Ann. Stack the ball cakes on top of round tiers to make it really tall and 'plump'. Add thighs carved from sheet cakes, and maybe a waistline too. This could be SO much fun! Can't wait to see what you come up with!

ladyhawk1nlm Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ladyhawk1nlm Posted 13 Oct 2007 , 5:40pm
post #5 of 16

I would make it just like jo_ann said... I made a sheet cake carved out the body..I used a 6" cake under the sports ball cake to help the boobs on cake look bigger...you could do the same for the butt...

mgdqueen Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mgdqueen Posted 13 Oct 2007 , 5:47pm
post #6 of 16

that's a really big butt! icon_biggrin.gif

lilacc01 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lilacc01 Posted 13 Oct 2007 , 6:02pm
post #7 of 16

I made that cake for a party. I used two 10" heart shaped pans stacked and filled with the sports ball pan for the cheeks. It was quite large and heavy.

thedessertdiva Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
thedessertdiva Posted 13 Oct 2007 , 6:08pm
post #8 of 16

I saw that headline and thought "Honey you're preaching to the choir, here..." icon_lol.gif

all4cake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
all4cake Posted 13 Oct 2007 , 6:12pm
post #9 of 16

"I like BIG BUTTS and I can not lie!" hahahahahaha

NNNNNNNNNNNNNOTTT!!!

kelly75 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kelly75 Posted 13 Oct 2007 , 6:49pm
post #10 of 16

I'm not sure if this will help you at all, but check out this fabulous butt cake by Angelas2babies:

http://www.cakecentral.com/modules.php?name=gallery&file=displayimage&pid=58911

She made it using a heart pan and the sports ball pan to bulk out the cheeks.

Kelly

lpino Posted 14 Oct 2007 , 12:17am
post #11 of 16

Thanks all for your suggestions!!!!!! That's sort of what I was thinking but had no idea how to get it done!!! I knew I could count on cc'ers to help me out!!!!

Kelly75, thanks for the link, it really helped.

And, dessertdiva, that was kind of the idea!!!! icon_wink.gif

Again, thanks all and I will post a picture when I'm done!!! My only hope is that my fondant is really smooth on this one or she will look as is she has celulitis!!!!!

Wish me luck!!

Laura

lpino Posted 29 Oct 2007 , 11:21pm
post #12 of 16

Ok, so I PM'd Angie (angelas2babies) and she gave me directions on how to do the cheeks on top of a heart shaped pan, thanks very much Angie for your help!

I did my cake on the weekend and was very please with the result.
They lady that ordered asked me if I could do a "karate" weapon tattoo and I had no idea how I was going to make that but, I looked for a picture I liked and practiced and practiced and practiced... It was well worth it!!!!

Here's the end result...
Oh, yea!! the lady asked for a big butt!!! icon_wink.gif
LL
LL

brnrlvr Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
brnrlvr Posted 29 Oct 2007 , 11:32pm
post #13 of 16

Fabulous job!! I only wish mine looked so good in the mirror!!!

sada Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sada Posted 29 Oct 2007 , 11:36pm
post #14 of 16

It looks great and no sign of celulitis. This was inspiration for me, can't wait my brothers b'day to give him a butt cake

sada Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sada Posted 29 Oct 2007 , 11:37pm
post #15 of 16

It looks great and no sign of celulitis. This was inspiration for me, can't wait my brothers b'day to give him a butt cake

kelly75 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kelly75 Posted 30 Oct 2007 , 12:26am
post #16 of 16

It turned out great! I love the frilly detail on the edges of the knickers!

Kelly

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%