So Long Sucker

Decorating By Metabea Updated 19 Oct 2007 , 11:53am by mommicakes

Metabea Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Metabea Posted 13 Oct 2007 , 4:07am
post #1 of 17

Made this cake for work after my boss put 5 waitress's on when we don't have enough customers for 4 let alone 5... when we complained that we only made $6.00 an hour (some less then that) he said he didn't care... so I ended up quitting and this was the cake I took on my last night there icon_wink.gif The girls all loved it. 10 inch cake done in French Vanilla with Buttercream frosting and I had enough suckers for everyone.
It kind of shifted in transport (thanks to some jerk pulling out in front of me)
LL

16 replies
NEWTODECORATING Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
NEWTODECORATING Posted 13 Oct 2007 , 4:15am
post #2 of 17

LOL LOL LOL I LOVE THIS!! Boy do I wish I had your guts!! Great cake!

MRRRAR Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MRRRAR Posted 13 Oct 2007 , 4:21am
post #3 of 17

Funny! I must say your writing is beautiful!

Metabea Posted 13 Oct 2007 , 4:24am
post #4 of 17

I have a secret... I put my cake on the cake stand then take my tupperware container and lay my arm on that to steady so I can write the words (least you can read them this way) otherwise my hand would shake all over the place)

ozcake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ozcake Posted 13 Oct 2007 , 5:07am
post #5 of 17

Wow $6 an hour that does "suck", are you in the US? if so you need to move countries I pay my waitstaff $19 an hour for M-F, $23 for Sat & $27 for Sun

Iloveweddings Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Iloveweddings Posted 13 Oct 2007 , 7:57am
post #6 of 17

Hi,

I love what you did! Too funny. icon_lol.gif

amberhoney Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
amberhoney Posted 13 Oct 2007 , 8:09am
post #7 of 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by ozcake

Wow $6 an hour that does "suck", are you in the US? if so you need to move countries I pay my waitstaff $19 an hour for M-F, $23 for Sat & $27 for Sun

Guess why kiwis are flocking to Oz?? Waiting staff mostly earn $11.25NZ here!

idoweddingcookies Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
idoweddingcookies Posted 13 Oct 2007 , 8:33am
post #8 of 17
Quote:

Holy macaroni... That's about what are nurses start at after 4 yrs. of training.

mrsbink Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mrsbink Posted 13 Oct 2007 , 8:51am
post #9 of 17

aaaahhhh....how I wish I would have thought of this when I quit my crappy serving job a few weeks ago. Brilliant! icon_cool.gif

jen1977 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jen1977 Posted 13 Oct 2007 , 12:10pm
post #10 of 17

That's hilarious! Good for you! What did he say?

mommicakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mommicakes Posted 13 Oct 2007 , 1:09pm
post #11 of 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by Metabea

I have a secret... I put my cake on the cake stand then take my tupperware container and lay my arm on that to steady so I can write the words (least you can read them this way) otherwise my hand would shake all over the place)

What a great idea. I can never write so you can read it.

I REALLY love your sucker cake!!! Great Idea!!! icon_lol.gifthumbs_up.gif

Metabea Posted 13 Oct 2007 , 6:28pm
post #12 of 17

I live in Michigan we get 2.65 an hour + tips which have dwendled down to next to nothing.
The head manager wasn't on that night but the manager on duty was laughing and said she was sorry she didn't get a picture of it to put in the photo album... I told her I have one should I send it to Don (the head manager) she laughed and said that would be perfect. He has been such an ass over the past few months.

DiannaSue Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
DiannaSue Posted 13 Oct 2007 , 6:36pm
post #13 of 17

Love your sucker cake, you and I think alike. That's something I would have done also. Love your hand writing. Very cute cake. The cake said it all. Wishing you all the luck in the world in finding a decent paying job.

adonisthegreek1 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
adonisthegreek1 Posted 13 Oct 2007 , 6:40pm
post #14 of 17

Love your cake and the whole concept. thumbs_up.gif

I live in Michigan too. I have a couple of friends who work at pricey, upscale restaurants and they make a ton in tips. I have another friend who works at a small diner and she barely makes minimum wage with tips. I'm not sure what type of restaurant you worked at, but go for something popular with a pricey menu. You'll be well compensated. If service is good, I generally leave a 20% tip. I try to leave more around the holidays if I can afford it.

7yyrt Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
7yyrt Posted 17 Oct 2007 , 6:13pm
post #15 of 17

Gee, don't you know the US is the land of plenty and everyone is rich?

lanibird Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lanibird Posted 17 Oct 2007 , 6:52pm
post #16 of 17
Quote:

So I just changed what I want to be when I grow up! I want to be a server in Australia! icon_lol.gif

Loved the cake Metabea! Such a great way to quit! thumbs_up.gif

Edited because "server Down Under", just sounds..... funny. icon_twisted.gificon_lol.giftapedshut.gif

mommicakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mommicakes Posted 19 Oct 2007 , 11:53am
post #17 of 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by lanibird

Quote:

So I just changed what I want to be when I grow up! I want to be a server in Australia! icon_lol.gif

Loved the cake Metabea! Such a great way to quit! thumbs_up.gif

Edited because "server Down Under", just sounds..... funny. icon_twisted.gificon_lol.giftapedshut.gif

icon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gif I GOT IT MATE!!!! LMAO!!! thumbs_up.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%