Az State Fair Entries

Decorating By KimAZ Updated 19 Oct 2007 , 12:24am by Bettycrockermommy

KimAZ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KimAZ Posted 12 Oct 2007 , 10:20pm
post #1 of 13

Hey Everyone!
I just got back from the Fair to see how my cake did! WHOOHOO!!!

I'm SOOO thrilled to see I got a first place blue ribbon AND a purple rosette for BEST IN SHOW!!! I'm so excited I can barely type!! icon_biggrin.gif I tell ya, to see it with my own eyes icon_biggrin.gif ...then to see people, total strangers walking by all the cakes and making such kind comments on it without even knowing it was mine totally made my day!!

When I got there with my daughter, we went straight to see her entry and she got FIRST PLACE too!!! It was her very first cake EVER! She hadn't even frosted a cake until this one. I'm SO proud of her!

Then we walked over to see mine and even though I already had been told how I did, I was still so thrilled that I cheered outloud. Then a bunch of people came up and starting cheering out loud for me! Talk about an ego boost! Woohoo!!

Anyway, I took pictures of some of the other girls' cakes that are also members here at CC so if they don't mind, I'll post theres too.

Thanks for letting me share my excitement!
KimAZ
LL
LL

12 replies
MnSnow Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MnSnow Posted 12 Oct 2007 , 11:14pm
post #2 of 13

Totally Awesome!!!!

Your daughter has alot of talent. Her cake is wonderful!!!

Congrats to you both..obviously deserved!

ShirleyW Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ShirleyW Posted 13 Oct 2007 , 12:09am
post #3 of 13

Yay You! Congratulations Kim, wonderful work.

kakeladi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kakeladi Posted 13 Oct 2007 , 12:19am
post #4 of 13

Oh my I can understand your joyicon_smile.gif
How wonderful your DD won as her cake is purely delightful.
I'm looking forward to seeing a better pic of your entry as there are some parts I can't see very well.

KimAZ Posted 13 Oct 2007 , 2:04am
post #5 of 13

Thank you ladies! I posted a better picture of my cowgirl cake in my gallery.

KimAZ

YouTakeTheCake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
YouTakeTheCake Posted 13 Oct 2007 , 4:01am
post #6 of 13

Hi Kim, This is Jackie! I made the Harvest Basket Cake at the Arizona State Fair...... As you know I won first place and best of show also.....I am so excited I could just bust icon_biggrin.gif I went to the fair and just got back....but I'm so sad icon_cry.gif I forgot my camera and didn't get a picture of my cake with the ribbon..... I would really appreciate it if you could post the picture for me....Thank you so much and Congratulations on your win your cake is awsome.....very very cool...you earned it!
Jackie

KimAZ Posted 13 Oct 2007 , 5:12am
post #7 of 13

Hi Jackie,
You did an outstanding job on the basket of pumpkins! Very impressive for sure! I knew the second I saw it that you'd win! What an amazing cake. Every detail is so excellent!! You should be very proud!

I have to tell you when I was there today seeing how I did, I saw people stopping in front of your cake in disbelief that it was really cake! They were making very nice comments. Just thought you'd want to know!

Now....you need to join our cake club!!! I'd love to meet you and have you join us anytime. I'd be happy to share info about it. Also, you MUST enter the AZ Cake show in Feb!!

I'm sorry to say I did not take a picture of your cake because I didn't know it was yours!! I had no idea who made it so I only took pictures of the ones I knew. But everyone should check out your gallery to see it!

Congratulations!! thumbs_up.gif

KimAZ

mrsbink Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mrsbink Posted 13 Oct 2007 , 5:33am
post #8 of 13

Well, I live in Oregon now, but AZ is home. I'm so excited to see your cakes did so well at the fair! You didn't have to have them outside at the fairgrounds did you? Well done ladies!!!! icon_biggrin.gif Oh and by the way, I wish I was there so I could be in the cake club!!! icon_cry.gif Not that I anywhere near the skill level that you are!! icon_wink.gif

KimAZ Posted 13 Oct 2007 , 6:10pm
post #9 of 13

Here are some of the other cakes entered by fellow CC members:
Feverfixer, BettyCrockermommy, JBO828. gr8yf & tlbunch . Sorry I didn't know YouTakeTheCake entered or I would have taken a picture of her awesome cake too.

KimAZ
LL
LL
LL
LL
LL
LL
LL
LL
LL
LL

CambriasCakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CambriasCakes Posted 14 Oct 2007 , 5:58am
post #10 of 13

Great job! Going to the fair next week and can't wait to see them all up close!

YouTakeTheCake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
YouTakeTheCake Posted 14 Oct 2007 , 8:10pm
post #11 of 13

Thank you so much for your nice comments kim it really means alot to me to have fellow decorators be impressed by my cake.
I have recently started going to the West side cake club....2 meetings now. are you a member?
Thank you to everyone who has made such wonderful comments about my work.

superstar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
superstar Posted 17 Oct 2007 , 11:37pm
post #12 of 13

You all did a great job. Thanks for posting the cakes Kim & please congratulate your DD, she did an excellent job.

Bettycrockermommy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Bettycrockermommy Posted 19 Oct 2007 , 12:24am
post #13 of 13

Kim, that is so sweet of you to take a post pictures for all of us. I can't wait to see it for myself. Still a week away.

I love seeing how everyone did!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%