Favorite Pumpkin Recipes

Decorating By hmoffett Updated 12 Oct 2007 , 10:50am by ladeebug

hmoffett Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
hmoffett Posted 10 Oct 2007 , 8:56pm
post #1 of 23

What are your favorite Pumpkin or Fall recipes. I'm looking for a good pumpkin cake!

22 replies
Teekakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Teekakes Posted 10 Oct 2007 , 9:09pm
post #2 of 23

Go here to the thread "Recipe Exchange" and you will find a favorite pumpkin cake recipe. It is called Holiday Pumpkin Pound Cake and you won't regret making this one! It is delicious!! While you are there feel free to post a favorite recipe of yours too. icon_smile.gif
http://forum.cakecentral.com/cake-decorating-ftopict-531963.html

allie73 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
allie73 Posted 10 Oct 2007 , 9:14pm
post #3 of 23

My fave pumpkin recipe isn't for a cake - it's for gnocchi! The recipe belongs to Emeril and it's posted on the Food Network site. It's not very figure friendly, but it's divine as a Thanksgiving side dish.

amoos Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
amoos Posted 11 Oct 2007 , 4:20am
post #4 of 23

Well, it's not cake, but every year I am BOMBARDED with requests for pumpkin fudge. It's made with white chocolate & pumpkin & pumpkin pie spice.....I also put in some pecans. It's DELICIOUS!!! But definately not figure friendly, which is why I only make it during the holidays, haha!

Shaynamills Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Shaynamills Posted 11 Oct 2007 , 2:15pm
post #5 of 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by amoos

Well, it's not cake, but every year I am BOMBARDED with requests for pumpkin fudge. It's made with white chocolate & pumpkin & pumpkin pie spice.....I also put in some pecans. It's DELICIOUS!!! But definately not figure friendly, which is why I only make it during the holidays, haha!

That sounds devine!!! Would you mind sharing the recipe?
Thank you
Shayna

bobwonderbuns Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bobwonderbuns Posted 11 Oct 2007 , 2:31pm
post #6 of 23
Quote:

Recipe!! Recipe!!! icon_biggrin.gif

amoos Posted 11 Oct 2007 , 2:48pm
post #7 of 23

Pumpkin Fudge Recipe

Prep: 10 min
Cook : 15 min
Stand: 2 hrs

Line pan with aluminum foil and spray lightly with cooking spray (it calls for a 9 in. square, but I use a 9x13 size pan to get more, but slightly smaller pieces). Once the candy thermometer reaches 234 degrees and the remaining ingredients are added, quickly pour fudge into pan. Chill thoroughly before removing foil and cutting into pieces. *You can also use cute little cookie cutters like tiny leaves or pumpkins for fall themes.

Ingredients:
3 cups sugar
3/4 cup melted butter
2/3 cup evaporated milk
1/2 cup canned pumpkin
2 tablespoons corn syrup
1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
1 (12 ounce) package white chocolate morsels
1 (7 ounce) jar marshmallow creme
1 cup chopped nuts, toasted (I use pecans)
1 teaspoon vanilla extract

Preparation:
Mix together first 6 ingredients in a 3 1/2 quart saucepan over medium-high heat, and cook, stirring constantly, until mixture comes to a boil. Cook, stirring constantly, until a candy thermometer registers 234 degrees (soft-ball stage) or for about 12 minutes.

Remove pan from heat; stir in remaining ingredients until well blended. Pour into a greased aluminum foil-lined pan. Let stand 2 hours or until compeltely cool; cut fudge into squares and serve.

Yield: Makes about 3 lbs.

***Pretty sure I got this from a Southern Living magazine, but not sure. Hope you all enjoy!***

Shaynamills Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Shaynamills Posted 11 Oct 2007 , 2:53pm
post #8 of 23

Thank you Thank you Thank you
Sounds so good!!!
Have you ever subbed in chocolate morsels for the white?

amoos Posted 11 Oct 2007 , 2:57pm
post #9 of 23

No, I've never put in choc for the white choc.....but it's because I like the way the white choc takes on the hint of orange color from the pumpkin....makes it extra "fallish" to me haha but if you try it let me know how it turns out!! icon_smile.gif

bobwonderbuns Posted 11 Oct 2007 , 3:09pm
post #10 of 23

Thank you for sharing!! I'm really looking forward to trying out that recipe! icon_biggrin.gif

MomLittr Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MomLittr Posted 11 Oct 2007 , 3:14pm
post #11 of 23

I tried last year to create a pumpkin rolled cookie recipe, but it looks like unless I find pumpkin flavoring, or just use pumpkin pie spice in NFSC, my attempts failed.

Anyone have one?

deb

swingme83 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
swingme83 Posted 11 Oct 2007 , 3:15pm
post #12 of 23

yes please do share. i just started getting into candy making.

bobwonderbuns Posted 11 Oct 2007 , 3:22pm
post #13 of 23

I'm not sure, but does the LorAnn oils have a pumpkin flavor? If they do it may be worth it -- they have excellent products.

hmoffett Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
hmoffett Posted 11 Oct 2007 , 4:26pm
post #14 of 23

Thanks everyone! I'm definitely trying that Pumpkin Fudge! Anyone else have any other favorites?

jibbies Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jibbies Posted 11 Oct 2007 , 5:20pm
post #15 of 23

Yes, bobwonderbuns LorAnn oils does have pumpkin flavor I have some!
I can't wait to try that pumpkin fudge recipe, sounds yummy

Jibbies

bobwonderbuns Posted 11 Oct 2007 , 10:00pm
post #16 of 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by jibbies

Yes, bobwonderbuns LorAnn oils does have pumpkin flavor I have some!
I can't wait to try that pumpkin fudge recipe, sounds yummy

Jibbies

MMMMMM!!!! That does sound good! icon_biggrin.gif

WarEagle Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
WarEagle Posted 11 Oct 2007 , 10:35pm
post #17 of 23

This is my favorite and most requested recipe, although it's not really a cake either...

* Exported from MasterCook *

Pumpkin Crunch Bars

Amount Measure Ingredient -- Preparation Method
-------- ------------ --------------------------------
1 large can pumpkin
1 can evaporated milk
1 1/4 c. sugar
1 tsp. cinnamon
1 tsp. allspice
3 eggs
1 box yellow cake mix
1 c. chopped pecans
1 c. melted butter

Combine pumpkin mixture (pumpkin, evaporated milk, sugar, cinnamon, allspice and eggs). Pour into a 9 x 13-inch pan (greased and lined with parchment - SEE NOTE). Pour dry cake mix over pumpkin mixture. Spread nuts evenly over dry cake. Spoon melted butter over nuts evenly. Bake at 350 degrees for 50 to 60 minutes. Let cool completely and turn over so that the nuts will be on the bottom. Take off parchment and frost with Pumpkin Crunch Frosting. (Or serve a dollop on top of each serving)

NOTE: The reason you put parchment in the bottom of the pan (or dish) and invert to serve, is because it's much easier to cut and get out of the pan to serve.
ALSO - to make it easier to remove from pan if you decide not to invert so that the nuts will be on the top - be sure to spread part of the chopped pecans in the pan before putting in the pumpkin mixture.

Pumpkin Crunch Frosting:
1 c. powdered sugar
3/4 c. Cool Whip
1 (8 oz.) cream cheese
1 tsp. vanilla

Soften cream cheese. Beat until fluffy. Beat in powdered sugar; add vanilla and Cool Whip. Frost completely cooled Pumpkin Crunch Bars.

MomLittr Posted 12 Oct 2007 , 1:23am
post #18 of 23

Now I have to get some Lorann pumpkin flavor. Found pumpkin spice coffee creamer today, but since liquids are not used the NFSC, the oils seem the best bet. thanks!

deb

amoos Posted 12 Oct 2007 , 7:35am
post #19 of 23

WarEagle,

have you ever sub. pumpkin pie spice for the allspice? I'm all out of allspice and the closest store for me to get it at is like an hour and a half away....and I'm DYING to try that recipe! It sounds sooo good! Oh, and what size is "the large can of pumpkin" ??? I can get it in a few different sizes.

THANKS!!

Honeydukes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Honeydukes Posted 12 Oct 2007 , 10:26am
post #20 of 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by MomLittr

I tried last year to create a pumpkin rolled cookie recipe, but it looks like unless I find pumpkin flavoring, or just use pumpkin pie spice in NFSC, my attempts failed.

Anyone have one?

deb

MahalKita baked some really darling birthday cookies which were pumpkin flavored. I asked how she did it and she says she added lots of pumpkin pie spice and her house smelled great -- I can imagine!!! Here's the link to her cookies.

http://www.cakecentral.com/modules.php?name=gallery&file=displayimage&pid=1108373

Also, lots of people have ordered Capella's Flavor Drops -- they make Pumpkin Pie, among many others. I've not tried them, but several people have raved. Here are the links for the discussion and the company. It's been said that if you mention Cake Central when ordering you get a discount.

http://cakecentral.com/cake-decorating-ftopict-287063.html
http://www.capellacoffee.com/flavordrops/medifast/our_flavors.htm#allflavors

Honeydukes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Honeydukes Posted 12 Oct 2007 , 10:29am
post #21 of 23
Quote:

WarEagle,

have you ever sub. pumpkin pie spice for the allspice? I'm all out of allspice and the closest store for me to get it at is like an hour and a half away....

Allspice, Ground

Substitute 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon, 1/2 teaspoon ground cloves and 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg for 1 teaspoon ground allspice.

OR

If you need a substitute for allspice combine equal parts of ground cinnamon, cloves, nutmeg, and black pepper.

MomLittr Posted 12 Oct 2007 , 10:41am
post #22 of 23

Thank you Honeydukes for that information, and for another source of flavorings!

deb

ladeebug Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ladeebug Posted 12 Oct 2007 , 10:50am
post #23 of 23

This is so wonderful. You just have to try it. Also see variations at bottom.

Paula Deen's Pumpkin Gooey Butter Cakes

Cake:
1 (18 1/4-ounce) package yellow cake mix
1 egg
8 tablespoons butter, melted
Filling:
1 (8-ounce) package cream cheese, softened
1 (15-ounce) can pumpkin
3 eggs
1 teaspoon vanilla
8 tablespoons butter, melted
1 (16-ounce) box powdered sugar
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1 teaspoon nutmeg

Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
Combine the cake mix, egg, and butter and mix well with an electric mixer. Pat the mixture into the bottom of a lightly greased 13 by 9-inch baking pan.

To make the filling: In a large bowl, beat the cream cheese and pumpkin until smooth. Add the eggs, vanilla, and butter, and beat together. Next, add the powdered sugar, cinnamon, nutmeg, and mix well. Spread pumpkin mixture over cake batter and bake for 40 to 50 minutes. Make sure not to overbake as the center should be a little gooey.

Serve with fresh whipped cream.

Variations: For a Pineapple Gooey Cake: Instead of the pumpkin, add a drained 20-ounce can of crushed pineapple to the cream cheese filling. Proceed as directed above.

For a Banana Gooey Cake: Prepare cream cheese filling as directed, beating in 2 ripe bananas instead of the pumpkin. Proceed as directed above.

For a Peanut Butter Gooey Cake: Use a chocolate cake mix. Add 1 cup creamy peanut butter to the cream cheese filling instead of the pumpkin. Proceed as directed above.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%