Buttercream W/ Powdered Non-Dairy Creamer

Decorating By arosstx Updated 20 Oct 2007 , 5:46pm by sweetreasures

arosstx Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
arosstx Posted 10 Oct 2007 , 3:45pm
post #1 of 7

I have looked and looked and am beginning to feel silly. I know a lot of ya'll put liquid non-dairy creamer in your bc, but I could've sworn that I saw something on here about using the powdered version. I know I'm getting old, but c'mon....

Help!! icon_cry.gif

6 replies
Sugarflowers Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Sugarflowers Posted 10 Oct 2007 , 6:36pm
post #2 of 7

I don't know of the thread(s) about this, but you can use powdered creamer in your frosting. How much you use will depend on the flavor and intensity that you want. Just add it with the powdered sugar. You may have to adjust the amount of liquid you use to compensate, but probably not by much.

HTH

Michele

arosstx Posted 17 Oct 2007 , 4:43am
post #3 of 7

YOU'RE in McKinney??? Me too! Holy cow, I know so few cakers in this town! icon_smile.gif Glad to know you're there, and thanks. I will be doing the bc tomorrow and seeing how it turns out.

beachcakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
beachcakes Posted 17 Oct 2007 , 12:37pm
post #4 of 7

sugarshack has a sticky for her BC recipe that uses powdered creamer. She mixes it cup for cup w/ warm water and uses it from there in her BC.

arosstx Posted 20 Oct 2007 , 1:36pm
post #5 of 7

That's pretty much what I ended up doing last night for some amaretto bc I needed. I just added the powder to water, stirred, let it sit then added it as the liquid in my usual bc recipe. It tastes really good, although I did throw in an extra teaspoon of almond flavoring just to get the almond taste out a tiny bit more. yummy! icon_smile.gif

sugarshack Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweetreasures Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweetreasures Posted 20 Oct 2007 , 5:46pm
post #7 of 7

Would like to hear about other favorite flavors people have used with the coffee creamers.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%