Italian Creme Cake

Baking By ac2steachk Updated 19 Oct 2007 , 1:23am by ac2steachk

ac2steachk Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ac2steachk Posted 10 Oct 2007 , 1:16am
post #1 of 4

Hello, I received a request to make an italian creme cake for a good friend's birthday. I'm looking for a great recipe for this.
At the same time, my sister is coming to visit this week and has asked to be able to decorate a cake with all my fun stuff so I'm going to put the 2 projects together.
My friend doesn't care how her cake is decorated, but I've never seen a creme cake decorated in anything other than white scrolls and swirls.
Does anyone have any ideas for adding a little more decoration to an italian creme cake without getting overwhelming? Colors and design are open.
Thanks,
allison

3 replies
JoAnnB Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JoAnnB Posted 10 Oct 2007 , 5:31am
post #2 of 4

If you do a search for Italian Cream Cake search all terms limit to titles only and search the recipe request forum you will find several

Here is a link to one: http://forum.cakecentral.com/cake-decorating-ftopict-7198-italian.html+cream

I have seen it used for all sorts of decorated cakes

eatdessert1st Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
eatdessert1st Posted 17 Oct 2007 , 1:15pm
post #3 of 4

I love this recipe from epicurious. I use all butter, though, and KathyF's cream cheese icing.
This is my standard cream cheese icing since Kathy shared it on the board.

16 oz. cream cheese
1C butter
1/2 C Crisco
1 T vanilla
1/2 t salt
3 1/2 lbs confectioner's sugar

Cream the cream cheese, butter, and Crisco together till fluffy (about 5 minutes). Add vanilla and salt. Gradually add the sugar. Takes a while to incorporate it all.
" target="_blank" class="postlink">http://www.epicurious.com/recipes/food/views/11985

Kathy F's Cream Cheese Icing/Filling

KathyF's cream cheese icing (*this is a wonderful icing/filling! I've been able to pipe borders and also smooth the icing without any problems. It makes a lot, but it freezes very wellicon_smile.gif This is my standard cream cheese icing since Kathy shared it on the board.

16 oz. cream cheese
1C butter
1/2 C Crisco
1 T vanilla
1/2 t salt
3 1/2 lbs confectioner's sugar

Cream the cream cheese, butter, and Crisco together till fluffy (about 5 minutes). Add vanilla and salt. Gradually add the sugar. Takes a while to incorporate it all.

ac2steachk Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ac2steachk Posted 19 Oct 2007 , 1:23am
post #4 of 4

Thanks for the info. I ended up not decorating the cake--put pecans in the icing instead. My friend loved it and requested it again the next time I make a cake.
-allison

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%