Yep She Hated It...

Decorating By wgoat5 Updated 20 Oct 2007 , 11:28pm by woodthi32

PricklyPearCakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
PricklyPearCakes Posted 10 Oct 2007 , 3:24am
post #91 of 160

dont you love people like that??????? I work in the catering business and we have to deal with people like this all the time!!!!! My favorite people are the ones that eat everything on their plate then complain!!!!!!!

The cake is beautiful! she is just a hefer! lol She would have been wearing my cake by the time i was finished ( and then got a bill for it)

I agree with the posse full of cake decorating women showing up.
can't you just see 100 women in aprons with rolling pins knocking on her door! lol

dont take it out of your pics and definately put her on the DO NOT BAKE LIST!

hugs to you!

cakemommy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakemommy Posted 10 Oct 2007 , 3:33am
post #92 of 160

I read the first three pages of this thread and now I am posting. I would have done the same as you. I would have taken the cake with me though. No darn way would I leave it there. Heck no!!!!!! Of course personal safety is extremely important and if someone takes a cake and throws it and calls it POOPY then, no tellin' what they would do next.

I am so sorry you had to have a horrid customer like that. She obviously doesn't know what greatness is. She should have made the damn thing herself.

Keep your chin woman! You shall overcome!!!!!!

Amy

TheDomesticDiva Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TheDomesticDiva Posted 10 Oct 2007 , 3:37am
post #93 of 160

Please excuse my crude language before I even type it icon_twisted.gif ... Your cake was beautiful! The nerve of some people! I probably would have gotten the heck out of there too!

What you should do, is make up a cake that looks about the same, pull down your pants and take a big crap right on top of it... leave it on her porch/outside her door in the middle of the night so that when she steps outside first thing in the morning, she gets a shoe-full of it! Leave her a nice note beside it that says "Now there's your sh**** cake; you were confused before, so I thought I'd give you something to compare it to."

I'm so juvenile sometimes, I know! It'd make me feel better though! icon_smile.gif

***Moderator Edited***

bethola Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bethola Posted 10 Oct 2007 , 3:53am
post #94 of 160

Well, I think we have all established that this woman is a TOTAL NUT JOB and I do agree with Narie and others that you did the EXACT right thing by not responding verbally OR physically. Actually, I would have probably given her a "chocolate facial" which would have been OOOOOHHHH so unladylike! LOL

Don't remove the pic of your cake. It is lovely and you did an excellent job on it.

I probably wouldn't contact her EVER again! Let her keep the cake, serve it to her guests and gloat over her "Free, POOPY cake!" 'Cause guess what? What goes around....comes around! YOU may never see it, but, I PROMISE she won't get away with it.

The BEST revenge is to LIVE WELL and don't let her take up space in your thoughts. She's definitely NOT worth it!

Beth in MADISONVILLE KY

mssweetie24 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mssweetie24 Posted 10 Oct 2007 , 4:18am
post #95 of 160

The cake looks great! Dont let that hateful person get you down!!! The lady must be blind and suffering from brain damage..There is nothing wrong with your cake just her way of thinking icon_rolleyes.gif ..I really like the colors..
I am also from Kentucky if you need some help!!!

KoryAK Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KoryAK Posted 10 Oct 2007 , 4:50am
post #96 of 160
Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyDZA

Please excuse my crude language before I even type it icon_twisted.gif ... Your cake was beautiful! The nerve of some people! I probably would have gotten the heck out of there too!

What you should do, is make up a cake that looks about the same, pull down your pants and take a big crap right on top of it... leave it on her porch/outside her door in the middle of the night so that when she steps outside first thing in the morning, she gets a shoe-full of it! Leave her a nice note beside it that says "Now there's your shitty cake; you were confused before, so I thought I'd give you something to compare it to."

I'm so juvenile sometimes, I know! It'd make me feel better though! icon_smile.gif

hahahahahahahhahahahahah

wgoat5 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
wgoat5 Posted 10 Oct 2007 , 12:01pm
post #97 of 160

I wanted to say THANK YOU!! I went to bed EARLY last night after 2 bloody mary's. I had such a headache and my bloodpressure and my sugar went wacky. I posted my rant because I knew that someone could learn from my experience BUT more so because nobody understands us decorators like another decorator icon_smile.gif .
Some questions I got was how much I quoted her. Well I told her a basic 7 x 11 which she got a 8 x 12 was 25.00. I put a bow on it because I had a little left over of my gp. The ribbon was fondant. The bow ISNT as up to par as I would of liked because I had little time so the left bow loop is kind of bigger (eyeballed the cuts instead of measuring icon_sad.gif ) anyways I thought she got a bargen.
I didn't know this woman, she picked up a card from our local florist who always gives me great reviews.
Like I said I should have picked up the cake but I was totally freaked out beyond belief. Came home and was distraut (Sp)
I probably will send her an invoice but really want nothing to do with this woman. I WILL NOT however EVER deliver a cake alone. She ruined that for me totally. I also will NEVER do a last minute cake and they HAVE to tell me exactly what they want and sign a contract. I hadn't made anybody that wasn't a large party sign anything. I also will not do anything without payment up front again. I will always have someone with me when they do so I have witness that this is what they want and how they want it. She ruined everything for me this week. I have 2 cakes due for Monday and now I am totally freaked out about if I can even do it to someone elses satisfaction. I thank my CC family for talking some sense into me and for helping me through something other people might not understand...today is a different day...I have to let it go. And I will. So with all that said I will end this post with what I normally do..

Please have a wonderful day

This is written in sand and this problem will blow away.

((((hugs)))))) to my CC family

Thank you

Christi

mycakesandmore Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mycakesandmore Posted 10 Oct 2007 , 1:00pm
post #98 of 160

Christi, I've only read your original post and then looked at your cake and now read your last post (so I haven't read everything inbetween) but I wanted to say that what this woman did to you was totally inexcusable and I'm just in total disbelief that she would be so nasty and rude. I'm so sorry that happened to you and please do try as you might to let it go... I'm sure that the seven pages of posts here have told you what a total jerk she was and how beautiful your cake was -- and it was beautiful -- and so keep your chin up and don't lose confidence over your upcoming cakes on Monday. I've taken a peek in your gallery and your cakes are great! You do a fabulous job and this idiot woman doesn't deserve another moment in your thoughts.... I wish I lived there and I would go and smack her around for you (and I'm not normally a violet person -- hee hee). So friend, I'm sending you a ton of cyber hugs ((Christi)) and hoping that you have the most wonderful day full of all kinds of blessings!

vdrsolo Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
vdrsolo Posted 10 Oct 2007 , 1:10pm
post #99 of 160

She picked up your card from a local florist that gives you rave reviews. What I would do is take a picture of the cake to that florist and show her what you gave the customer. Otherwise, the psychotic lady will probably tell the florist what an "amateur" you are (WHATEVER). The florist can see for herself what a beautiful cake it was and will stick by you.

I was talking to hubby this morning about what I would do in this situation. He of course, told me, he would never let me deliver a cake to someone we did not know. Too many crazy people out there. I also do not do consultations without him being here, like I said, too many crazy people because we live in a rural area.

Anyway, I thought more about your situation. And sometimes you can kill people with kindness.

How about a letter like this:

Dear Mrs Psycho (of course put her last name here):

I apologize that the cake I made for your special occasion did not meet your expectations. As a professional cake artist, I strive to make a cake that not only looks beautiful, but tastes wonderful as well. Since this was a last minute order and we did not have time to discuss your design, I decided on a design that my clients love.

I have enclosed a bill for $12.99 (or whatever your local Walmart charges for a sheet cake), which is the amount you would pay at Walmart (or whatever grocery store cake is near you). Since you are not pleased with your cake, I decided not to charge you extra for the following items that would not be available from (insert grocery store here):
1. Gumpaste Bow & Gumpaste Daisies
2. Fresh Baked Cake
3. Homemade Icing
4. Delivery
5. Size Upgrade from 7x11 to 8x12
6. My personal attention in designing a custom cake

Again, I sincerely apologize, and I hope that your family was still able to enjoy the taste of my cake. I have removed you from my customer database. I hope that in the future, you will be able to find another professional cake artist that meets your expectations.

Sincerely,
(your name here)

Yep...kill her with kindness, let her know this is something she cannot get from a grocery store. Hopefully she will feel a little bit guilty, and you can get something from it!!

tracycakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tracycakes Posted 10 Oct 2007 , 1:11pm
post #100 of 160

Ditto all of the above. You did a beautiful job, especially on such short notice. Take this, learn from it and don't let this jerk of a woman keep you down any longer.

CarolAnn Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CarolAnn Posted 10 Oct 2007 , 1:21pm
post #101 of 160

Your cake is very cute. My guess is that anything you brought would have been wrong. She hurried you in? She was gunning for something to flip out over and you happened to be it. Just imagine what THAT party must have been like! I wish you had been able to think to take the cake with you but I totally understand why you didn't. I would probably have done the same thing, just get out. I would have been shocked first and then probably too flustered to think straight. I would never deal with this woman again. I would send a bill addressed to her husband and let him know that I expect payment and I would not be doing business with them again.

I wouldn't be a bit surprised if the woman called again to order a cake. People who will treat others like this don't think a thing about it. If and when she should call again to order I would state very clearly why you will no longer serve her. If she calls to apologize I would accept her apology and then tell her why I will no longer serve her. If they pay for the cake I would be glad and then remember that I will no longer serve her.

You did a good last minute job and certainly did nothing wrong. THIS WAS IN NO WAY YOUR FAULT. Got that? Good. You'll be okay, just let this go. Don't let it drag you down and keep you down. And take care!

CarolAnn Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CarolAnn Posted 10 Oct 2007 , 1:35pm
post #102 of 160

I don't mean to open a can of worms here but do you people deliver all of your cakes? I'm in a rural area so I do deliver to my customers in town, which is 12 miles away. But if I have a rural customer I usually have them pick up, unless it's something big.

Boy, people get their cakes delivered right to their door and still act this way.......

AJsGirl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
AJsGirl Posted 10 Oct 2007 , 2:54pm
post #103 of 160

$25 for that???? icon_eek.gificon_eek.gificon_eek.gif This woman got a STEAL! She has absolutely NO RIGHT to complain, whine, or even whimper about that cake!! What a gorgeous cake, and for such a bargain price! SEND HER A BILL!! NOW!! And charge her $25 for the cake, and $25 for pain and suffering. icon_evil.gif

BTW, I wish I could do bows like that. Stunning. icon_rolleyes.gif

Aaris Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Aaris Posted 10 Oct 2007 , 3:09pm
post #104 of 160

Only $25??? See that is why I asked, because I knew she must be absolutely mental.

1. Beautiful Cake
2. Home Delivery
3. Quality Ingredients

Even if you were an amateur, that is worth more far more than what you charged. What a nut case!!

sarahnichole975 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sarahnichole975 Posted 10 Oct 2007 , 3:32pm
post #105 of 160

Oh my sweet honey! How anyone could treat such a kind individual so terribly over such a pretty cake is beyond me. I understand your reaction and honestly probably would have reacted the same way. Though in hind sight don't we always wish we had reacted differently. I like what vdr solo said and think that would be a great way to handle it. I also think that bring by a picture of the cake (before she ruined it!) and show the florist so that they could see she was obviously overreacting. I am so sorry you received such awful behavior from an ADULT! And I know this is just what you didn't need this week. Talk about that icing on that proverbial cake!!! Hugs to you my dear!

woodthi32 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
woodthi32 Posted 10 Oct 2007 , 4:02pm
post #106 of 160

What a TERRIBLE woman. There are people in this world who are ill and untreated. The woman leads a miserable existance, I GUARANTEE you. Her comments had NOTHING to do with your cake and everything to do with her brain. She wasn't even talking about your cake. She was talking about something else and saying something else.
you cake is gorgeous, sweetheart, and I MEAN it....just BEAUTIFUL. Don't you DARE take it down. That cake is full of good ideas for the rest of us. Don't make us pay for her complete disconnect with reality.

lardbutt Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lardbutt Posted 10 Oct 2007 , 4:16pm
post #107 of 160

Haven't been able to read all the replies yet, but I feel you should have NEVER left your cake! I would have grabbed that baby and walked out, then I would have gone home and ate the whole thing while crying!

Your cake was NOT an amatuer cake! Don't believe what she said. I hope you will never take another call from her!

I think you did a wonderful job on the cake! You would not be out of line by sending her a bill. She probally won't pay it, but I would send it!

Please don't remove it from your pics!

miss_sweetstory Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
miss_sweetstory Posted 10 Oct 2007 , 4:41pm
post #108 of 160

Don't remove that photo!!! Love the cake. Keep up your good work and be proud that at least there was one grown up there (YOU)!

dueter Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dueter Posted 10 Oct 2007 , 7:10pm
post #109 of 160

All I have to say about this is " Can you teach me how to make one of those sh**y GP bows?" If thats a bad one then there is no hope for me icon_cry.gif

babynewyear Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
babynewyear Posted 10 Oct 2007 , 9:14pm
post #110 of 160

This is written in sand and this problem will blow away.

((((hugs)))))) to my CC family

Thank you

Christi

smoyster Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
smoyster Posted 10 Oct 2007 , 9:26pm
post #111 of 160

It is SO unfortunate for that to happen to you. I know how much work goes into making cakes, esp. last minute!

You should have taken the cake with you when you left.
If that cruel woman treats people that way, she should not be rewarded with a free (and lovely) cake.

GLEIGH75 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
GLEIGH75 Posted 10 Oct 2007 , 9:28pm
post #112 of 160

Okay I now everybody else has said it but...my two cents. Send her a bill. The cake is gorgeous and professional (can't believe you did that at the last minute). Never work with her again. And most of all - It's not your fault...she is obviously in need of some serious help, you were trying to be nice and do her a favor.

cococakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cococakes Posted 10 Oct 2007 , 9:35pm
post #113 of 160

Your cake was absolutely beautiful. icon_biggrin.gif

I can't believe the rudeness and cheek of some people. icon_mad.gif You should have taken your cake and then told her and her husband to expect the invoice for making the cake. I want to see her make a "amateurship cake" at the last minute.

Please don't remove the photo from your gallery, if you do, that means you believe what she says. You do great work.

Ladivacrj Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Ladivacrj Posted 10 Oct 2007 , 9:35pm
post #114 of 160

Whatever she ordered the cake for already had her stressed out or peeved, and if she wanted the smalled sheet cake, she never wanted to order it in the first place.

Your cake was cute.

The rest is her problem to deal with. I would however, send her an invoice for prompt payment. And don't forget delivery charges.

And an A-HOLE TAX.

Sorry I couldn't help that one.

KathleenR Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KathleenR Posted 10 Oct 2007 , 9:42pm
post #115 of 160

That is a beautiful cake. I can only hope to get there one day...
I would have taken the cake and walked out!

starra328 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
starra328 Posted 10 Oct 2007 , 10:25pm
post #116 of 160

I agree with everyone that this woman was crazy. No one has mentioned the one thing that popped into my head when i read the post, that this woman was checking out the competition, what better way to psych out someone tell them that their beautiful cake(which your cake was!) was crap and ruin it in front of them. She gets to hurt your feelings and get a free cake. And now your second guessing your skills, your cake was beautiful and you should know that.

wgoat5 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
wgoat5 Posted 10 Oct 2007 , 10:49pm
post #117 of 160

You know I honestly thought maybe she had a conscience and would call today but no she didn't and I just have to take that for what SHE is worth. I feel 100 % better today then I did yesterday. I DO however know that I won't deliver a cake by myself ever again. I will though remember that this has to be a RARE occurance...because if it wasn't RARE I would not continue to do this.

Thank you all for your kind words of support. LOL I have laughed at your comments, but I have taken all of them to heart I DO believe in myself and I can only get better from now on. IF I don't let anybody get me down.

I loved the @$$hole tax comment lol.

Thank you all again and if you don't mind I wanna give ya each a big ole kentucky hug!!

(((((((((hugs)))))))))

Please have a great day!!

Christi

sweet_T7 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweet_T7 Posted 10 Oct 2007 , 10:56pm
post #118 of 160

Good point Starra...never thought of that...In any case, it is a beautiful cake and I too would have taken it with me instead of leaving it for the *Blankety-Blank* who didn't appreciate it!

weezasmom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
weezasmom Posted 10 Oct 2007 , 11:22pm
post #119 of 160

My eyes too would have welled with tears AS I was picking up the cake she didn't like and leaving WITH it. Even my family (who are getting sick of cake) would have been happy to enjoy it. Some people just have NO manners.

DelightsByE Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
DelightsByE Posted 11 Oct 2007 , 12:44am
post #120 of 160

2 things come to my mind after reading all these.

a) I am wondering if Collette Peters is this lady's next door neighbor. Perhaps this explains why her standards are perhaps a tad high. (and furthermore, maybe Collette won't work with her either because she is such a biatch!)

b) My mother has a saying she loves to use in these situations: Don't let the turkeys get you down.

This customer is a turkey. Fortunately, Thanksgiving is 6 weeks away.
icon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gif

Christi - Love your work! Anyone who can create anything out of gumpaste at the spur of the moment is thumbs_up.gif in my book!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%