Ossas 2007--Date Change & Hollywood Glamour Wedding Cak

Decorating By fronklowes Updated 13 Dec 2006 , 9:33pm by doescakestoo

fronklowes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
fronklowes Posted 13 Dec 2006 , 7:42am
post #1 of 4

I haven't seen a post on this and just found out myself (thank you American Cake Decorating Slice), so I thought I'd pass on the information.

The dates for the Oklahoma State Sugar Art Show and the National Wedding Cake competitions have been moved to Sept. 28th (set-up), 29th, and 30th, 2007, because of some Arabian horses. They will be changed to the first weekend of the fair, instead of the last weekend, for the next five years.

Also, the theme for the 2007 National Wedding Cake competition is going to be "Hollywood Glamour Cakes."

This gives us a little over 9 months to brainstorm and create. So even those of us who are sloooooow should be able to come up with something. Good luck everyone!

3 replies
doescakestoo Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
doescakestoo Posted 13 Dec 2006 , 9:05pm
post #2 of 4

Yes we have had a post on this last week. But thank you. Some one else may not have seen this. I love going to watch and some times participate.

chloeanddeacon Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
chloeanddeacon Posted 13 Dec 2006 , 9:11pm
post #3 of 4

That makes me SAD icon_cry.gif I will be out of town that weekend...... icon_cry.gif This year was the first time I got to go and had a ball (not so sure my husband did, but I sure did!) I guess I will have to send someone in my place to take another 100 photos like I did this year icon_cry.gif

doescakestoo Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
doescakestoo Posted 13 Dec 2006 , 9:33pm
post #4 of 4

I had a broken camera this year. Just got a new one so I will be there (God willing and no broken camera) to take all the pictures that I can. I love going and I know that lots of people are going to be upset with this change. But change is good. We are now being noticed for the sugar art that we CC'rs love. So it is at the begining of the fair and not a "last minute" addition at the end.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%