In Need Of Affordable Square Petitfour/cupcake Stand?

Decorating By sbcakes Updated 9 Oct 2007 , 3:02am by DelightsByE

sbcakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sbcakes Posted 8 Oct 2007 , 7:28pm
post #1 of 10

I would like to purchase a petit four/cupcake stand somewhat like this picture. This is for sale at bossmanufacturing.com for $200 and I wanted to know if they are cheaper anywhere else? Thanks!
LL

9 replies
sbcakes Posted 9 Oct 2007 , 12:44am
post #2 of 10

anyone?

DelightsByE Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
DelightsByE Posted 9 Oct 2007 , 12:49am
post #3 of 10

I've never seen anything like that before but it sure is gorgeous!

I can totally understand not wanting to make the big investment in a piece of cake furniture like this. The upside is, if you do make the splurge, you can then charge a rental fee to your future bookings which eventually will pay for it.

If you do find one for cheap, PLEASE let me know!

I myself use these

http://www.cupcaketree.com/item.html?PRID=1495953

DelightsByE Posted 9 Oct 2007 , 12:58am
post #4 of 10

I did some Googling for you, and several retailers sell this same stand, the cheapest one I saw was 225.00....so if you can get it direct from the manufacturer for 199.00, I'd jump on it. I even went to my old standby catererswarehouse.com, who charges 393.00 icon_surprised.gif

adonisthegreek1 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
adonisthegreek1 Posted 9 Oct 2007 , 1:18am
post #5 of 10

If you know a handyman or woodworker, I'm sure they can whip something up for you. My husband and FIL are always coming up with something neat for me. Best of all, it's free.

PatricesPieces Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
PatricesPieces Posted 9 Oct 2007 , 1:27am
post #6 of 10

I found one on ebay for a lot less...might want to check there before you spend it. The one I found was acrylic...very pretty. Here is the link. Take a peek.

http://cgi.ebay.com/7-TIER-SQUARE-WEDDING-FAIRY-CUPCAKE-PARTY-STAND-BN-CFB_W0QQitemZ190159654194QQihZ009QQcategoryZ57211QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

I hope this helps...I searched every cake supply store that I use and no luck. When I found this one, I thought it was beautiful. Good luck...

Denae Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Denae Posted 9 Oct 2007 , 1:32am
post #7 of 10

you can get one from Sam's Club for $75, it's a 3 tier round one that holds 150 cupcakes. are you near a local sam's?

adonisthegreek1 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
adonisthegreek1 Posted 9 Oct 2007 , 1:38am
post #8 of 10

Be careful about the Ebay one. It's located in the UK so shipping alone is $80.

sbcakes Posted 9 Oct 2007 , 3:00am
post #9 of 10

Wow-thanks everyone! Still not sure what to do? I am leaning towards paying the $200...or maybe I can get my hubby to make one? He's gona just love me- icon_lol.gif

DelightsByE Posted 9 Oct 2007 , 3:02am
post #10 of 10

Sure - and when he's done maybe he can make ME one too!

icon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%