Easy Halloween Cupcakes For 2-6 Year Olds?

Decorating By Dana0323 Updated 8 Oct 2007 , 4:21pm by tonedna

Dana0323 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Dana0323 Posted 8 Oct 2007 , 3:38pm
post #1 of 9

I'm in charge of the Cupcake decorating table for a Halloween carnival.
I want to let the kids do some simple cupcakes, but I need ideas! I don't think they'll have the strength to pipe anything, but I could let them do something with candies to add to pre-iced cupcakes. Any ideas?

Thanks!

8 replies
Gama Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Gama Posted 8 Oct 2007 , 3:49pm
post #2 of 9

you can have orange frosted cupcakes and have the children put candy corns on as eyes nose and mouth. just a thought!
vickie

summernoelle Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
summernoelle Posted 8 Oct 2007 , 3:53pm
post #3 of 9

Creepcakes are easy, and cute!
I think there is an article on this site. Also, look on marthastewart.com.

1nanette Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
1nanette Posted 8 Oct 2007 , 3:56pm
post #4 of 9

I do the same thing for halloween Thankgiving and Christmas for my neighborhood elmentary school pre-k and kindergarten classes. I have pre cut jack-o-lantern faces and stems from yellow and green fondant before. Once I gave each kid sprinkles, and halloween sugars and let them make a halloween scene on their cupcakes.

tonedna Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tonedna Posted 8 Oct 2007 , 4:00pm
post #5 of 9

Spiders are cool and easy...ball of black fondant and licorice strings legs...I know there a lot of ideas in www.wilton.com Good luck with this!

Dana0323 Posted 8 Oct 2007 , 4:09pm
post #6 of 9

Thanks guys. These all sound great! Any ideas for how I can let them make a princess crown? I think the girls would love that!

Dana0323 Posted 8 Oct 2007 , 4:09pm
post #7 of 9

Thanks guys. These all sound great! Any ideas for how I can let them make a princess crown? I think the girls would love that!

lauragriggs Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lauragriggs Posted 8 Oct 2007 , 4:13pm
post #8 of 9

For my son's kindergarten class last year I took pre-iced cupcakes and had them put a hershey's kiss on upside down then a chocolate chip upside down for the head. You could either pipe the legs coming off the kiss or use licorice. I put two dots of red icing on the chocolate chip for eyes. They loved it and it was quick and easy.

tonedna Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tonedna Posted 8 Oct 2007 , 4:21pm
post #9 of 9

Maybe yu can find a cookie cutter in the shape of a crown..I know i have one.. They can roll a lil fondant and put candy for jewels..But i am not sure is there is an easier way..

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%