Help!! Dd's Baby Shower Saturday-Need Some Ideas

Decorating By ecarver Updated 10 Oct 2007 , 4:51am by tonedna

ecarver Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ecarver Posted 8 Oct 2007 , 7:14am
post #1 of 18

My dd's baby shower is this coming Saturday and I need some ideas. I am using Wilton's Cakes-N-More 3-tiered party stand. To help out, I have uploaded a picture of the napkins. I have completely drawn a blank on trying to design these cakes. We are expecting a boy.

Any and all help is definitely appreciated! Thank you.
LL
LL

17 replies
roseyrider Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
roseyrider Posted 8 Oct 2007 , 7:27am
post #2 of 18

Hey there, I am no expert, but here is a thought. What if you were to make the cakes and exact replica of the serviettes, using the border for around the cake with 3D animal heads to match and then twirly whirlys on top. Then maybe for the top tier you could make each of the animals in full body form. (You could also make one of each for each tier). Anyway, just a thought, it would carry your theme through. Happy baking, Michelle.

Charmaine49 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Charmaine49 Posted 8 Oct 2007 , 7:29am
post #3 of 18

I would go with the turquoise and yellow in the napkin and make cut-outs of the "duckie" and the "bunny".
Roll some fondant balls as borders for the cake boards.
Can't think of what to put as a topper, but when I do will let you know.

These are just my thoughts for now.

TandTHarrell Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TandTHarrell Posted 8 Oct 2007 , 7:56am
post #4 of 18

How about a round cake, with the swirls on top and bcf, around the sides, each animal in their on little box, hope that helped a little

bejewelled Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bejewelled Posted 8 Oct 2007 , 8:00am
post #5 of 18

What about babys under quilts, with those designs as fondant cut-outs. Those napkins really scream quilt

Charmaine49 Posted 9 Oct 2007 , 7:45am
post #6 of 18

bejewelled, your idea sounds great.
It does scream "quilt" your are so right!!

ecarver Posted 9 Oct 2007 , 9:43pm
post #7 of 18

I am a definite newbie at this! Baking is a hobby that I love. In all honesty, I had thought about the boxes w/animal faces going around one of the cakes but still stumped on what to do with the other 2 cake....lol.

Since I am not stacking and using the 3 cake stand, do the cakes need to be the same but different colors or can I do a different style of cake on each stand and it still look nice? Sorry but I want this to look nice for my DD since she asked me to do this.

Babarooskie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Babarooskie Posted 9 Oct 2007 , 10:00pm
post #8 of 18

Hi There!!

An idea just came to mind...

With all those cute animals, you can make little cubes and have the face of each animal poking out of the cubes/boxes...and then on the side have the little swirls...

Babarooskie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Babarooskie Posted 9 Oct 2007 , 10:01pm
post #9 of 18

Hi There!!

An idea just came to mind...

With all those cute animals, you can make little cubes and have the face of each animal poking out of the cubes/boxes...and then on the side have the little swirls...

** Also, on the actual little boxes that the animals will be peeking out...you can spell out "baby!" with each box...

Honey_Cakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Honey_Cakes Posted 9 Oct 2007 , 10:01pm
post #10 of 18

Hi why dont you make a mold of some little toys heads ie duck, bear etc and then make some 3D little animals to stand around the cake. I would do 3 different colours for the 3 tiers. If you look in my pictures you can see the little 3D animals I did. They were really easy in the end. If you want to know how to do them I can PM you.

Or you could do the little heads under quilts on top of the cake. I also have some ive done like this in my pictures! They are always a hit. HTH icon_smile.gificon_smile.gif

tonedna Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tonedna Posted 9 Oct 2007 , 10:53pm
post #11 of 18

the cake below is in tiers..is just ideas..i know you are using another type of stand..anyway i was just having fun!..lol

tonedna Posted 9 Oct 2007 , 10:53pm
post #12 of 18

I don't know for what are you going for ..but theres a design in here..in the empty squares on the second layer you could add the animal faces..I don't know if is too complicated or not..But it might help some..
LL

ecarver Posted 10 Oct 2007 , 1:08am
post #13 of 18

Tonedna

Thanks for the picture. I believe I could work something like that into the design/ideas that other CC'ers have given. Thank you so much.

What computer program did you use to design that if you don't mind me asking?

tonedna Posted 10 Oct 2007 , 4:27am
post #14 of 18

The program i used is a new computer program called Wedding cake designer Pro....I bought it in Oklahoma ..I think they have a website. Hope u have fun with it!...icon_smile.gif

Charmaine49 Posted 10 Oct 2007 , 4:39am
post #15 of 18

tonedna, that is such a cute cake design!!

ecarver, that is what I meant by using both colours and putting faces of the animals on the cake!!

tonedna Posted 10 Oct 2007 , 4:42am
post #16 of 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charmaine49

tonedna, that is such a cute cake design!!

ecarver, that is what I meant by using both colours and putting faces of the animals on the cake!!

Thanks!!!...I had fun creating it...but theres so much the computer will let me do!...LOL icon_smile.gif
By the way since you are not stacking on top of the cakes you could put either baby blocks...or maybe a baby bottle and a sucker...or maybe more animals...Plenty of ideas there...Even flowers..

Charmaine49 Posted 10 Oct 2007 , 4:48am
post #17 of 18

I should have a look around here to see if I can't find a computer programme like that, should be quite interesting to play around with!!
Have u got a name I can go by??

tonedna Posted 10 Oct 2007 , 4:51am
post #18 of 18

Here is the website...But i think they are trying to come with another CD..this one is more on the basic side..Still is a lot of fun...Let me know if you get it how it goes for you!...icon_smile.gif
http://www.weddingcakedesignpro.com

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%