Sliced Strawberries On Top Of Cake For Decorations

Decorating By Bettye Updated 8 Feb 2005 , 10:34pm by GHOST_USER_NAME

Bettye Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Bettye Posted 7 Feb 2005 , 11:11pm
post #1 of 4

I continue to have a problem with cream cheese frosting or any frosting when I put cut or slice my strawberries and put them on my cream cheese icing. I am usually using the strawberries for decorations. After a while the acid from the strawberries start to eat through the cream cheese icing and this cause the juice from the strawberries and the icing start to run ( a little puddle of red juice on top of my cake). Has anyone else had this problem and if so what did you do to correct it. I have not tried using the whole strawberries to see if that works.

3 replies
MrsMissey Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MrsMissey Posted 7 Feb 2005 , 11:29pm
post #2 of 4

I make a Strawberry Shortcake with a whipped cream frosting with no problems. You can click on the link below to see the cake:

http://www.cakecentral.com/modules.php?name=coppermine&file=displayimage&album=43&pos=3

After I slice my strawberries, I put a paper towel in a container and then add the sliced strawberries. I let it sit in the fridge for a little while. The paper towel absorbs the juice without drying out the strawberries. Hope this helps! icon_biggrin.gif Missey

Bettye Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Bettye Posted 8 Feb 2005 , 4:14pm
post #3 of 4

Thanks MrsMissey , I will definetly try this.

GHOST_USER_NAME Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
GHOST_USER_NAME Posted 8 Feb 2005 , 10:34pm
post #4 of 4

I do one of three things: place whole strawberries on top, place whole chocolate covered strawberries on top or wait until ready to serve before placing the sliced strawberries on top.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%