How Do You Make 2 Colors In A Bag?

Decorating By cshelz Updated 7 Oct 2007 , 5:12pm by grama_j

cshelz Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cshelz Posted 7 Oct 2007 , 4:07pm
post #1 of 7

I want to make cupcakes and have the frosting yellow and orange. I don't want them to mix, I would love them to come out as 2 colros.

Any tips?

6 replies
courtneymomof2 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
courtneymomof2 Posted 7 Oct 2007 , 4:13pm
post #2 of 7

When I do that I make one color (say the yellow) and then I just paint the other color (orange) into the bag in stripes before I put the (yellow) icing in. Then when the icing comes out it has 2 colors.
I'm sure there are other/better ways of doing but that's just what I do.

cshelz Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cshelz Posted 7 Oct 2007 , 4:25pm
post #3 of 7

Thank you so much! I want to make the frosting look like candy corn on top.

Thanks again!!

cakenutz Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakenutz Posted 7 Oct 2007 , 4:33pm
post #4 of 7

The easiest way I 've found is to take 2 sheets of saran wrap. On each sheet lay your icing on it and rool it shut leaving 1 end opened and knot the other end. Place both bags into pastry bag and voila! Oh yea when you place the frosting on sheet lay it close to the open end. HTH

TractorDiva Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TractorDiva Posted 7 Oct 2007 , 4:46pm
post #5 of 7

Cakenutz -- that is SWEET! I would have never thought of that...now I want to go try it! Thanks, Cshelz for asking the question...

RaYiTo Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
RaYiTo Posted 7 Oct 2007 , 4:56pm
post #6 of 7

sorry i can`t be much help but, i did see online this bags you can use 2 different color of icing at the same time. but i can`t remember the websiteImage sorry. i do know they sell those!

grama_j Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
grama_j Posted 7 Oct 2007 , 5:12pm
post #7 of 7

I've got a whole buch of those two icing bags.... they are yours for the taking.... I HATE THEM ! Maybe I just don't know how to use them, but all I got was a big MESS ! Striping the bag is the easiest way I know of to get the two tone effect.....

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%